Why become a member? ×

Stage Clobber

Deep Thought

[quote name='woolleydick' post='58085' date='Sep 10 2007, 10:06 AM']Yupp got one of those, and I am still trying to find a way of damping the input so it reacts sensibly at gig volumes the blu-tak I tried last time was too much and it never lit up at all. Dead good though and oodles of "where do you buy them?" comments.

If I am not wearing that one then I try to wear as "loud" a colour shirt as possible over the top of a t-shirt.

Last gig it was the t-qualizer with the Brian May We will rock you shirt which has to be the most garish of all shirts ever produced - fab![/quote]

Just an idea off of the top of me head but wot not find the input and wire in a variable resistor? (or a resistor if you can guess how much is needed) personally i think it have a volume control is an added bonus tho :)

For the covers band, black. I generally wear a black waistcoat too.

Barn dance band - band T-shirts (black) and black trousers (black, black), and waistcoats (not black) and hats. Kaz (aka Future Mrs Tauzero) the caller wears a black black black jacket.

Other than the black common black theme, we behave rather blackly differently in the two bands - basically, in the covers band, we lug the black black gear in in T-shirts and jeans and then change (except for the one or two venues where there's no changing facility other than the bogs, when we come pre-blacked), whereas in the barn dance band, we turn up and lug the gear in the black stuff and just add waistcoats and hats to go on stage.

In the duo, we just wear what we turned up in (which is appropriate to the occasion). I play a black Variax. Black. Black, like the endless night. They keep me in the cellar and feed me pins. Mother, my eyes are pies.

[quote name='tauzero' post='122047' date='Jan 17 2008, 10:59 AM']In the duo, we just wear what we turned up in (which is appropriate to the occasion). I play a black Variax. Black. Black, like the endless night. They keep me in the cellar and feed me pins. Mother, my eyes are pies.[/quote]I think we'd better go home now Johnny...

Seems to be a bit of a Théme Noir going on

I was reminded of something from the Entwhitle film on the telly last week. John's wife complained that, despite the lights, including s super trooper folow spot, she couldn't see him easily on stage in his slow black crow black fishing boat bobbing sea coloured stage kit so he bought 20 white suits .....

Aint gigged in a bit but i do like a bit o kilt wear, I have two now as well a tartan one and a plain black one (no that aint a skirt....do you want a steely in the teeth)
As I am in metal bands now i think i we gig the black kilt will be out but for Ankou my black metal band the clobber may have to be leather studs and face paint ala immortal, emperor, dimmu etc

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='122792' date='Jan 18 2008, 12:36 PM']LOL I ain't pretty enough. ;) Hung like a horse like, but rough as a badger's. :) :huh:[/quote]

Well you never know, some people may be impressed by that, lady horses maybe?

;)

Edited by OldGit

Im one of those terrible people that wears whatever the hell I put on in the morning.

When on tour, changing into 'performance' clothes is the last thing on my mind. We're a music group, not a touring fashion show.

Of course its completely different when working as tribute acts, theatre work, covers and functions etc.

[quote name='NJW' post='123154' date='Jan 18 2008, 10:04 PM']Im one of those terrible people that wears whatever the hell I put on in the morning.

When on tour, changing into 'performance' clothes is the last thing on my mind. We're a music group, not a touring fashion show.

Of course its completely different when working as tribute acts, theatre work, covers and functions etc.[/quote]

You should give it a go one tour and see if you get better reaction, sell more merch, get more return bookings, increase the hits on your myspace, actually get someone to sit next to you in the tour bus etc ..
Go on, just ten gigs or so :)

[quote name='beerdragon' post='122511' date='Jan 17 2008, 10:56 PM']Does anyone wear leather trousers?. on stage i mean. i think you have to have the chops for those. either that or you could get sniggered at. :)[/quote]

From the 'Schoolboy Errors' thread (can't remember who said it, sorry):

> > Another good tip i got was from the same guitarist who told me if you
> > wear leather pants you can "piss yourself and nobody will know "!

Of course, you'd need to tuck them into your cowboy boots...

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='58213' date='Sep 10 2007, 01:20 PM']That was a uniform in itself, I betcha they changed into that stuff especially for the gig.[/quote]

very unusual im not wearing a lacoste polo, regardless of what im doing. and always a decent pair of adidas, orf possibly puma clyde or diadora borg elite if im feeling fruity.

[quote name='youngie' post='124047' date='Jan 20 2008, 07:12 PM']very unusual im not wearing a lacoste polo, regardless of what im doing. and always a decent pair of adidas, orf possibly puma clyde or diadora borg elite if im feeling fruity.[/quote]

That's youngie speak :)
Anyone translate for us oldies?
Is a polo a Fred Perry? or one of those sweets? I'd like to see him playing wearing one of those, har har har

and are those other things daps?

:huh:

Edited by OldGit

It means he's wearing one of those naff thick material short sleeve collared shirts that companies after a corporate look but trying to be trendy want their shop floor employees to wear, plus some trainers (doesn't seem to have any trousers though...). All second rate 'designer' labels.

;-)

[quote name='youngie' post='124050' date='Jan 20 2008, 07:18 PM']trainers. you will remember most of the trainers from the seventies as they are all re issues. and the polo shirts, made famous by rene lacoste the tennis player, much like fred perry so relatively similar in design.[/quote]

Oh seventies shoes? Like this?