Why become a member? ×

Stage Clobber

Deep Thought

Mine's usually a Ben Sherman shirt, jeans & trainers for pub gigs, jeans get swapped for a Black denim pair of trouser type things I bought in Next if we're doing a gig which requires a slightly smarter look.

If it's a Black tie gig (which I haven't played for about 7/8 years) then tux, bow tie & waistcoat it is!

Cheers,
iamthewalrus

I usually wear a black 'wifebeater' to show off my muscular tattoed arms with either (depending on how saucy I feel) Black leather or black levi's or even tiger stripe combats. Trainers dont do it for me so its normally Hi Tech magnums or work boots. I will on occaision wear a bandana but am after some suitably cool headgear as I have no 'barnet'. This does not stop the women from finding me hot even though I am old!! I am a stud and a tart and I love what I do. Have you seen TM Stevens...? Now thats the way to dress!!

[quote name='hatori' post='124719' date='Jan 21 2008, 04:09 PM']I usually wear a black 'wifebeater' to show off my muscular tattoed arms with either (depending on how saucy I feel) Black leather or black levi's or even tiger stripe combats. Trainers dont do it for me so its normally Hi Tech magnums or work boots. I will on occaision wear a bandana but am after some suitably cool headgear as I have no 'barnet'. This does not stop the women from finding me hot even though I am old!! I am a stud and a tart and I love what I do. Have you seen TM Stevens...? Now thats the way to dress!![/quote]

Wow....

[quote name='hatori' post='124719' date='Jan 21 2008, 04:09 PM']I usually wear a black 'wifebeater' to show off my muscular tattoed arms with either (depending on how saucy I feel) Black leather or black levi's or even tiger stripe combats. Trainers dont do it for me so its normally Hi Tech magnums or work boots. I will on occaision wear a bandana but am after some suitably cool headgear as I have no 'barnet'. This does not stop the women from finding me hot even though I am old!! I am a stud and a tart and I love what I do. Have you seen TM Stevens...? Now thats the way to dress!![/quote]

So, are you in a folk band or country and western. i'm a big fairport convention fan. :)

[quote name='NJW' post='125033' date='Jan 21 2008, 09:13 PM']Wow....[/quote]

There you go, see, it's worth dressing up, if only for the effect it has on the opposite sex :)

What does a Hi Tech Magnum have over a standard Walls one mate? That is such cool footwear :huh:

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='NJW' post='125048' date='Jan 21 2008, 09:40 PM']ok OldGit, you convinced me :)

I'm gonna try and get all the guys to wear little sexy posing pouches - a different animal each.[/quote]

Ah like the chillies socks? Excellent! Pictures please :huh:
I was going to post a picture of the chillies' er, socks but this is a family forum ;) Here's some cute japanese sock animals for inspiration

Rock on, mate - brilliant!!!

[quote name='hatori' post='125563' date='Jan 22 2008, 05:07 PM']I personally prefer the dark chocolate nutty magnums and, using Nigel Tufnell as my model (I forget the Spinal Tap bass players name) I shall continue to dazzle the assembled ladies......your all just jealous![/quote]

If only I'd known the magnum trick when I was single!! .. files that tip away, just in case, like .............

[quote name='Pearl_Jammin' post='125098' date='Jan 21 2008, 10:40 PM']Haha same when they played here in Cheltenham last year sometime

...and +1 to Electric Eels Shock too :)[/quote]

Ho ho ho
Tonight Radcliffe and Maconie were wondering why RHCP had done so well.. Stuart suggested the socks were the main reason ..

[quote name='OldGit' post='125721' date='Jan 22 2008, 08:55 PM']Ho ho ho
Tonight Radcliffe and Maconie were wondering why RHCP had done so well.. Stuart suggested the socks were the main reason ..[/quote]
Out of interest did they come up with any real reasons. I've wondered the same thing really as although I like them and would still go to see them live I've not really rated any of their stuff since One Hot Minute - which ironically is when they hit the big time (Californication).

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='125731' date='Jan 22 2008, 09:06 PM']Out of interest did they come up with any real reasons. I've wondered the same thing really as although I like them and would still go to see them live I've not really rated any of their stuff since One Hot Minute - which ironically is when they hit the big time (Californication).[/quote]

"heard one, heard them all"

• 1 year later...

[quote name='P-T-P' post='58204' date='Sep 10 2007, 02:12 PM']I think it worked for the Spice Girls because they had a hefty amount of marketing behind them to reinforce their individual appearances. Posh, ginger, Sporty etc. weren't nicknames the fans came up with, they were created in a boardroom somewhere and the girls were sensible enough to live up to the images.[/quote]

The [i]Spice Girls themselves[/i] were created in a boardroom. Keeping them in their given chracter is probably fairly easy when they're personality-free to begin with.

[quote name='beerdragon' post='59538' date='Sep 12 2007, 09:17 PM']I suppose it could depend on the type of music you play. you're not going to go down to well in a metal band wearing those clothes :rolleyes:[/quote]

Heh. To a degree, you're right. I know here in London a lot of folks on the retro 50s scene would never tolerate a band that didn't have the right look, no matterf how accurate the sound. Though there you're dealing with a community where a lot of folks don't own albums by some of their favourite acts as they refuse to buy anything on any format other than vinyl.... :)

Me, I like it when a band mixes it up a bit, maybe does something different. I appreciate an act which cleverly creates a whole package, including their look, though it can be very tedious if you feel like you've already heard a band's entire set based purely upon what they step on stage wearing - happens a lot, though.

[quote name='OldGit' post='121392' date='Jan 16 2008, 12:57 PM']The other guys wear black trousers white shirts and musically related waistcoats though the drummer has a scary habit of wearing shorts on stage once spring is in the air.[/quote]

Kill him. no, but really..... when I rule the world, public flogging will be reintroduced for men over the age of sixteen who appear in public in short trousers. They are the most infantalising item of clothing in existence, only the ubiquitous baseball cap comes close.

[quote name='NJW' post='123154' date='Jan 18 2008, 11:04 PM']Im one of those terrible people that wears whatever the hell I put on in the morning.

When on tour, changing into 'performance' clothes is the last thing on my mind. We're a music group, not a touring fashion show.

Of course its completely different when working as tribute acts, theatre work, covers and functions etc.[/quote]

I hate seeing bands onstage who have made no effort - irrespective of whether they dress the same offstage or no. Always looks to me like they just can't relly be bothered. IMO, a band should dress apporpriately to the venue / occasion, but they should also always strive to be just a notch above where most of their audience will be at. The very worst of all is when you go to a black tie function and the band show up and perform in ratty old jeans and washed out t shirts.

Hmmmn, old thread resurected. As I missed it first time around...

There is little difference between what I wear on & off stage but I do dress like I'm in a band. I'd describe my look as 30 something alt.country musician. I like bands who appear to live it rather than dress up just to for the night.