Why become a member? ×

I passed!

TDM

I got 92 out of 100, with full marks for the Performance, Improv and Bass patterns and then lost a few marks for scales, aural and musicianship (got a question on transposition I totally blanked out on) I was expecting just to scrape a pass so I thought my teacher was messing with me when he called me up today!

We all know what this means guys, no matter how much I suck in the future I will always have this piece of paper telling me at some point in my life I could sort of play bass :) Edited by thedonutman

[quote name='sturm' post='541449' date='Jul 15 2009, 05:13 PM']well done you, what the hell is transposition though?[/quote]

It's when you play a piece in a different key from the one it was originally written in.

e.g. 'Sweet Child o' Mine' was originally written in D. I once played in a band where the lead singer (singers! Pah!) couldn't reach the highest notes so we played it in A. Transposition from D to A (Yes, I know it was actually D flat but the same rule applies.)

Most cover bands do it at some point, often without realising it.

I was going to say you're Joking, but you're not....................you're Joe Kang :rolleyes:

[quote name='thedonutman' post='541423' date='Jul 15 2009, 04:37 PM']

I got 92 out of 100, with full marks for the Performance, Improv and Bass patterns and then lost a few marks for scales, aural and musicianship (got a question on transposition I totally blanked out on) I was expecting just to scrape a pass so I thought my teacher was messing with me when he called me up today!

We all know what this means guys, no matter how much I suck in the future I will always have this piece of paper telling me at some point in my life I could sort of play bass :)[/quote]

[quote name='PURPOLARIS' post='541483' date='Jul 15 2009, 05:57 PM']I was going to say you're Joking, but you're not....................you're Joe Kang :rolleyes:[/quote]

Ahh... the Joe King puns never get old...... :)

Thanks for the kind comments guys, I really appreciate it.

Pentode: I'm sure you'll be up to it as long as you get the scales down I reckon you'll be fine. It seems everything is based on you knowing the scale and arpeggio shapes (Improv, Musicianship questions etc.)