Why become a member? ×

Sandberg...?? anyone use them? want them?

jimijimmi

[quote name='StevieC' post='677835' date='Dec 8 2009, 01:17 PM']I don't believe it! Another MM owner..and I thought I was the only one in the flippin' country who thought they sounded (and looked) superb. Mine's bubinga faced.

Steve[/quote]

Wow - not only that but both the MM owners in the country are called Steve lol.

I only just noticed my spelling mistake in the original post too.....

The Bubinga's are beautiful also....

• 4 weeks later...

So can someone tell me how close to a P do the PM4's sound?
Has it got that P thump? Not bothered about a MM tone as i know it wont get too close but im after a "interesting" P bass as these look ideal.

Very interested in getting one but cant try one first. Anyone got any PM4 sound clips?

I enjoy Sandberg basses very much. I play a Terra for quite a while now, and it is a reliable and powerful sounding bass guitar. I used it on the recordings with my bands Burden and Eves End, you can check out the sound of the bass here: [url="http://Http://www.myspace.com/johannesoehlbass"]Visit My Website[/url]

I used to play a Basic 4 PM, and the sound is very close to a Fender Precision, depending on what options you choose, I had a PM with ash body, maple neck and rosewood fretboard which was very close to the original sound.

Edited by Buchtenfischer

I hope it's not all just hype 'cos I've got giblett123's Sea foam green Cali PM on it's way to me as we speak. Never played one, but it looks stunning and all the videos I've seen of them sound amazing, plus everyone says the're awesome.

I might even be moved to do a review when it arrives...!

Kets

[quote name='kets' post='708060' date='Jan 10 2010, 07:45 PM']I might even be moved to do a review when it arrives...!

Kets[/quote]

Please do.
I have my eye on a very nice Blackurst that im itching to buy once my DJ5 has sold. I cant get to play one before though so any input is good.
There is also a very long Sandberg thread on TB.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='708064' date='Jan 10 2010, 07:49 PM']Please do.
I have my eye on a very nice Blackurst that im itching to buy once my DJ5 has sold. I cant get to play one before though so any input is good.
There is also a very long Sandberg thread on TB.[/quote]

I will. Quite surprised there isn't any reviews on here already given the number of Sandberg owners. I might check out the TB thread, not been on there for a while.

Does anyone have a 5 string california P.
would love to hear what they are like

its what im gasing for at the minute
Exactly like niceguyhomers only plus B string minus the musicman pickup.

Been on the sandberg site drooling (especially the relics, best ive seen)
but dont think they do maple necks on 5s

Im playing a warwick streamer 5 at the minute, how would the neck on a cali 5 compare
with the warwick. And the 35 inch scale is it noticable (small hands)

Cheers

• 1 month later...

+ yet another 1 re Sandberg
I have a beautiful California JM4 Deluxe, black with with off-white pearl block inlays and pickguard. Stunning looking, stunning sounding, stunning build, stunning price for such quality and custom build.
What's not to love?
Put it like this, having got the Sandberg a year ago, the following great basses are relegated to the cupboard - 63 Precision, 79 MM Stingray and 89 G&L Asat (all three are the real deal too).
I honestly think Leo Fender would have been full of admiration for what Henrik and co at Sandberg have done with his concepts.

Very nice Sandberg 5 for sale here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=77713&st=0&p=747869&#entry747869"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry747869[/url]

OK yes, it my bass that's for sale

Heres my baby!

Having played most high enders I have to say the Sandbergs are possibly the best all rounders.

I got rid of a Stingray and a Fender Jazz as my JM was easily as good as both and the range of tones are brilliant. I really recommend them highly!

Edited by bassatnight

[quote name='bassatnight' post='766445' date='Mar 6 2010, 08:37 PM']Heres my baby![/quote]

Wow, that is beyond nice! I really like the Sandbergs without the aged look, as nice as the detail is in the relic models. The natural look is stunning.

I noticed you also have a Sadowsky Metro. Lucky you, I had to choose between a Metro MV4 and a 'hardcore aged' Sandberg JM4 at the tail end of last year. I ended up choosing the Sadowsky. I don't regret it, but man, I nevertheless still want a Sandberg JM4 at some point in my life! Brilliant basses.

Here's my Bullet 5 fretless:

Great bass, very well-made and the neck is superb. It almost plays itself. I'm not really a fretless player, so I'm actually considering having it fretted. The low B is the tightest of all the 5-strings I have (that includes an amazing Stingray 5 and a 35" Yamaha TRB5II I used to own) and the tone is punchy and powerful. It doesn't yet have the Glockenklang electronics and Sandberg bridge, instead this has a Noll preamp and an ABM Mueller bridge which are great.

Hi,

I have a Sandberg California 5 string Jazz which I'm very happy with. I knew I wanted a Jazz bass, so I tried Fenders, Laklands, Sadowskys, and a few of the other usual suspects for making Jazz basses and I couldn't find one that suited me better than the Sandberg. Fenders are great, but their 5 strings aren't up to scratch in my opinion. The Lakland felt good but didn't sound like a Jazz bass should to me, and the Sadowskys' necks were all a bit too wide for my taste. And more importantly the Sandbergs are considerably better priced for what they come with compared to this crowd.

Try one yourself and see what you think I love mine but everyone looks for different things...