Why become a member? ×

Fender PB70 US (CIJ) Precision in Capri Orange -trades added and price drop to £875
£925
Northamptonshire

Posted (edited)

By my understanding this one can be justifiably called rare (although, more than happy to be corrected). It’s an unusual factory special order PB70US in Capri orange. The ‘US’ in the title refers to these having the USA precision pickup. I was going to upgrade the pots but never got round to it as it sounded bloody marvellous anyway, but will include these in the sale. Comes with the original white pickguard and Japanese paperwork. Pickguard has been changed to black (looked more 70s that way) and bridge and pickup covers added. It’s got a lovely dark rosewood fretboard and is a joy to play. Currently sporting flatwounds (and a lump of foam for that Motown sound). Includes the fender gig bag. 

Condition is pretty good used condition -odd mark, scratch and light ding, though nothing major, have tried to capture these warts and all in the photos. Happy to share more and answer any questions if you’ve concerns.

Would prefer buyer to collect from north Northamptonshire (just off the a14 near Kettering), or can drive to meet. I do have boxes, but not having a hard case it won’t be insured, so would prefer not to go down that route.

Open to sensible offers on price and will entertain trades for good quality acoustic guitars (Larivee, Auden etc) or short scale basses (Gibson SG bass, Epiphone Rivoli) with a little cash either way where necessary. Price drop to £875?

IMG_6399.jpeg

IMG_6405.jpeg

IMG_6419.jpeg

IMG_6400.jpeg

IMG_6401.jpeg

IMG_6402.jpeg

IMG_6403.jpeg

IMG_6404.jpeg

IMG_6407.jpeg

IMG_6408.jpeg

IMG_6409.jpeg

IMG_6410.jpeg

IMG_6413.jpeg

IMG_6414.jpeg

IMG_6420.jpeg

IMG_6421.jpeg

IMG_6422.jpeg

IMG_6423.jpeg

IMG_6416.jpeg

IMG_6412.jpeg

IMG_6417.jpeg

Edited by Sibob
  • Like 23

I’ve never seen one of these in that colour - looks fantastic!   I had a white one many years ago and regretted selling it.  Great comfy fast necks on these.  

54 minutes ago, tredders said:

I’ve never seen one of these in that colour - looks fantastic!   I had a white one many years ago and regretted selling it.  Great comfy fast necks on these.  

Aren’t they just, makes me have second thoughts about letting it go as it is so comfy to play. 

50 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

Superb basses. I had one in that very colour. A Fender Japan PB-70US is a brilliant instrument.

Interesting. I wonder if that means it was a special run for a store -or if I’ve got the details totally wrong. 😂

Unless it was this very bass? 

20 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

Keep it . I am kicking myself over every one of the 4 PB70-US basses I have let go. Possibly the best value Pbass you can get.

This is at the back of my mind. It’s a very comfortable weight too which is also in its favour. 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vinorange said:

t

Would be very nice and go beautifully with my orange collection.

20240403_150426.jpg

OOF! That orange, black & maple Shuker is almost too nice to play. Wow!

• Like 1

Had a few interesting trade offers, but nothing that I can’t live without yet. I’ve seen a nice acoustic for sale elsewhere, so hoping to raise funds for that more than anything. 

Also had a few questions about weight, so out came the kitchen scales. Was surprised to see this come in at 9lb 11oz, always thought it was closer to 8.5 (didn’t feel substantially heavier than a few of my guitars). What I’d say is it balances perfectly, no neck dive and feels a comfortable weight. 
IMG_6499.thumb.jpeg.1fbea709f844914249bdf4677fc586ac.jpeg

• Sibob changed the title to Fender PB70 US (CIJ) Precision in Capri Orange -trades added and price drop to £875
  • Sibob unlocked this topic

I can actually remember when Capri Orange was a current Fender colour back in the late 70's/early '80's. My local music shop had a Jazz Bass this colour and another in very vibrant yellow. Beyond my pocket at the time, but those were better days than now, that's for sure.

Looks like a smashing bass. GLWTS.