Why become a member? ×

Suspicious Reverb message - anyone seen this?

Posted (edited)

Hi folks

This just popped into my messages.  Looks dodgy to me.  Why would Reverb Support use Daniel's Gear Locker as their account?

image.thumb.png.bfafeb774f75940a7b5b1cf87a7d910e.png

Edited by ead

All links direct you away from reverb. Come on: step + reverb + com or eu + de + stor? But if you think they are fine, you can deposit £2000, no £5000 to my account on number GB12 3456 7890 1357 90, just in case...

On 06/05/2024 at 10:25, pete.young said:

Why would anyone blindly follow a QR code, especially for something important? You have absolutely no idea where you are going to end up. Security 101 - don't use QR codes!

Interestingly, you’d be surprised how many organisations still push them. 

I’m a security architect for work, and remember going into a high profile insurance provider based in London and noticed they were pushing security info on screens (awesome!), except to get more info you had to scan a random QR code. The same code was printed out around the office. I told them to find a better way, and to train the users or we’d be burned. 

Few weeks later, there was a red team (simulated attack) performed and lo-and-behold they gained access via QR code. 

Temptation was immense to say “told you so”.