Why become a member? ×

Origin Effects Cali76 CB V2

bassace97

Just seen this in a thread on TB, looks like Thomann let slip that there is a new version of the Cali76 Compact Bass on the way.

Fixes all the (very minor) gripes I have with mine, being its a bit too tall and the metering was rather basic. I'd imagine it will sound the same though.

Screenshot2024-04-10at14_34_07.thumb.png.6addabc9626ba3c3161d0596eceadbc0.png

Edited by bassace97
  • Like 5

17 hours ago, bassace97 said:

Fixes all the (very minor) gripes I have with mine, being its a bit too tall and the metering was rather basic. I'd imagine it will sound the same though.

That's also my case, but I don't think I can justify spending that money to fix those two minor gripes.

I had a V1 and for the life of me I could not dial it in to stop a really obvious dip and swell of the note when using high output pickups.

It was fine on a good old P bass, but on my EMG equipped basses - where I have the pickups about 1mm from the string when fretted at the last fret - it just couldn't cope at all.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, fretmeister said:

I had a V1 and for the life of me I could not dial it in to stop a really obvious dip and swell of the note when using high output pickups.

It was fine on a good old P bass, but on my EMG equipped basses - where I have the pickups about 1mm from the string when fretted at the last fret - it just couldn't cope at all.

That only happened to me once, when I used it at 9V. At 18V I use it now with active and hot output basses and I never have a problem. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Please let us know, if there's a difference in sound. They are saying in the marketing that it sounds nearer the big box cali.

I love my FEA Optifet but ive been tempted to switch back to the cali for a brighter sound, so this is tempting.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, lee650 said:

Please let us know, if there's a difference in sound. They are saying in the marketing that it sounds nearer the big box cali.

I love my FEA Optifet but ive been tempted to switch back to the cali for a brighter sound, so this is tempting.

I agree and have purchased. Still love the FEA and I have a big box but…

• Like 2

First impressions, it feels quite dinky after being used to old one! Seems about as tall and wide but length is quite a bit smaller. Metering is so much more useful than the crappy old jewel light, makes seeing what's happening so much easier. Plus will be fun to see the lights bouncing around on stage! 😆

Sound wise I'm not hearing (nor was I expecting) much difference but that's only after a quick play on my desk, will gig it this weekend and see how it behaves.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1