Why become a member? ×

Advice for phaser fx pedal, looking for cool new/used at +/- 100e.

nilorius

I don't know about the TC Helix, but I have just bought a mint used Boss PH3 Phase Shifter which I'm quite pleased with. It can do several stage phasing, tap tempo for phaser speed, and can even use an expression pedal with it. It has several knobs for fine tuning the phasing. I am running it in loop of line selector pedal so can mix in some dry bass signal. If you want simplicity however, a used 1 knob MXR Phase 90 would be a good bet.

20240401_145106.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bleat said:

I don't know about the TC Helix, but I have just bought a mint used Boss PH3 Phase Shifter which I'm quite pleased with. It can do several stage phasing, tap tempo for phaser speed, and can even use an expression pedal with it. It has several knobs for fine tuning the phasing. I am running it in loop of line selector pedal so can mix in some dry bass signal. If you want simplicity however, a used 1 knob MXR Phase 90 would be a good bet.

20240401_145106.jpg

THX, will add it to my wishlist.

I got the Jam Pedals Ripply Fall and I liked the phaser side enough to get the Ripple as well when I need to save pedal board space. 

I do have Boss PH3 I got for guitar years ago but I have not used it so if you are interested pm me for details. 

2 hours ago, bassbora said:

I got the Jam Pedals Ripply Fall and I liked the phaser side enough to get the Ripple as well when I need to save pedal board space. 

I do have Boss PH3 I got for guitar years ago but I have not used it so if you are interested pm me for details. 

Maybe i'l be brave enough 😜

The Beringer Vintage Phaser is an Old School Bargain Small Stone-alike and the Joyo MXR-alike pedals are great value and great sound... often SH

The Single Rate Pot can do nice and slow, but i likes my Phasing a little more subtle than than the demos sound, and have a Joyo Ironman Nebulus Phaser Boss-alike

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nilorius said:

Did a search and found out that TC E - HELIX PHASER could be a good stuff for me. Would someone here share about his experience with this thing?

Hated that one, no matter which Toneprint I use, or how much I tweaked it, send it back.

Best phaser ever is the original big box EHX Small Stone phaser, but the Behringer clone, the VP1 Vintage Phaser does an amazing job at sounding just like it, better than EHX's own Nano reissue.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash