Why become a member? ×

Northern Exposure

At the risk of widening this out to film scores,but for me the Roy Budd 'Carter gets a train's is a stand out. I have a Hohner Pianet but can't play it for toffee, but was in a band where the pianist was epic. The pianet was perfect for this song and live was so much fun to play. Did it at a festival once as an opening number and the audience must have been Carter fans as by the time I'd finished the first bass line everyone was on their feet.

• Like 1

Frank cannon ...a Quinn Martin production . ( sorry can't do you tube clips ) 

Regarding Northern Exposure ; it's one of those series that I missed the start , and watched infrequently on channel 4 back in the day 

I was thinking of getting the dvd . Does it hold up now ? It's been quite a while since it aired . 
Yes, the theme tune is brilliant . 

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

12 minutes ago, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

Regarding Northern Exposure ; it's one of those series that I missed the start , and watched infrequently on channel 4 back in the day 

I was thinking of getting the dvd . Does it hold up now ? It's been quite a while since it aired . 
Yes, the theme tune is brilliant . 

Just watching it now, and yep I think it holds up and doesn’t feel dated. Interesting characters and good writing.

• Thanks 1