Why become a member? ×

Does anyone have tab for roachford “cuddly toy” ?

Geek99

52 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

Thanks But I asked for tab? YouTube I can find 

Just write it out yourself from what he’s playing. I don’t know the song, I assume from the replies to the video that it’s accurate.

As above, I’d suggest it’s in Bb.

I've played this before. To me the home key is F - it's certainly the tonic during the verses. The chorus could be heard as being in Gm in but it's really a ii/v pattern, followed by a d in its first inversion. It's much better to interpret a song like this through more of a jazz approach to theory than the classical that most people are more used to and look at the functions of the chords rather than looking at the sharps and flats and assigning a key based on that. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, diskwave said:

Has to be one of the easiest tunes to figure ever. Try and hear the progressions. Whilst its imperative to read notation its also good practise to train ur ears to catch stuff like this. 

Sadly I am time and talent poor 

thanks for the judgment though 😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know if any tabs for it exist, but to help you out I think the chords are the following: The introduction is all in F7, the verses go from F, Eb/G (you play G), to Bbsus4, to Bb. The chorus is Gm, C, D/F# (you play F#). The keyboard solo is like the chorus but it moves up to Bb (technically it should be Bbm but the bass is playing roots, the guitar is playing 5ths or power chords, and the keyboard is soloing, so there's no really strong/obvious minor quality to it) to Eb, and then, F/A. There's a kind of middle 8 which is like the verses, but you don't invert the Eb chord, and the outro is all in F again, before a chromatic figure down from F to D, setting up the chorus chord patterns again. 

• Thanks 1

On 29/03/2024 at 10:29, diskwave said:

Has to be one of the easiest tunes to figure ever. Try and hear the progressions. Whilst its imperative to read notation its also good practise to train ur ears to catch stuff like this. 

How to make friends and influence people...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1