Why become a member? ×

Jeff Ament attacked

ARGH

[quote name='Stingray5' post='489475' date='May 16 2009, 02:00 AM']Hah, I'd like to have seen what these muggers would have done if it had been a Rap or Hip-Hop artist they tried to mug. They'd likely be in ER now or maybe the morgue! :)[/quote]

Don't believe the hype. Most of them just think they are tough in the same way that black metal bands think they are in league with the devil.

[quote name='Golchen' post='489536' date='May 16 2009, 08:20 AM'][u]Don't believe the hype[/u]. Most of them just think they are tough in the same way that black metal bands think they are in league with the devil.[/quote]
I refer you to the open few words upon the rest of the statement......

There are a few that are 'For real' but mostly its kids out to shock...

[quote name='sticker' post='489292' date='May 15 2009, 08:14 PM']is it just me that thinks it sounds like he got burnt on a deal for some studio "inspiration"?[/quote]

Yep - that'll be a very likely explanation....why else would they be carrying $3,000?
But they're hardly going to tell that to the police are they?

Edited by 99ster

[quote name='sticker' post='489292' date='May 15 2009, 08:14 PM']is it just me that thinks it sounds like he got burnt on a deal for some studio "inspiration"?[/quote]

somebody needs to knock him in the head! $3000 on wing wang? i think not even Roman Bednar wouldn't get burnt that bad!

Edited by William James Easton

• 1 month later...

[quote name='William James Easton' post='489845' date='May 16 2009, 02:47 PM']poor Jeff needs a hug.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more, what a thoroughly nice chap and brilliant bass player. And by the way, my mate Laura [i]has[/i] hugged him and she got a kiss from Stone Gossard at the same time. She must have worn them out as they weren't putting out for me :)

I think the opening paragraph is missing a hyphen:

Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament and a band employee were attacked by three-armed people in the parking lot of Southern Tracks Recording Studio ..'

Wow. I hope someone took photos... it must have been quite a sight.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='542855' date='Jul 17 2009, 07:29 AM']I think the opening paragraph is missing a hyphen:

Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament and a band employee were attacked by three-armed people in the parking lot of Southern Tracks Recording Studio ..'

Wow. I hope someone took photos... it must have been quite a sight.[/quote]

:)

[quote name='Golchen' post='489536' date='May 16 2009, 07:20 AM']Don't believe the hype. Most of them just think they are tough in the same way that black metal bands think they are in league with the devil.[/quote]

Some of them are pretty ard. Like 50 cent was apparently shot 9 times in one night and survived. Ouch.