Why become a member? ×

Cass Lewis

Badass

He used to play in TTD and Skunk Anansie, and I remember him doing a bit with Gary Moore a while back, as probably most will know...

Anyone know where he is now, and what he's up to? What gear he used or is using? Any links? Anything really would be good.

[quote name='Badass' post='488868' date='May 15 2009, 01:37 PM']He used to play in TTD and Skunk Anansie, and I remember him doing a bit with Gary Moore a while back, as probably most will know...

Anyone know where he is now, and what he's up to? What gear he used or is using? Any links? Anything really would be good.[/quote]
I think he used a Stingray. 'Stoosh' is a good album.

Welcome Badass!!!!

I know he used G&L ASAT basses in Skunk Anansie (altho i wasnt aware of the brand at the time) and was always a fan of his big, grindy tone, so much so that i had to find out what all the fuss was about myself :)

He also had quite a neat pedalboard setup, tho i can't recall the specifics, i remember him being a fan of parallel effects loops (something everybody seems to be doing now!) - he was interviewed in an old issue of Bass Player mag and listed all his equipment - i don't have a copy of it to hand but might be able to dig it up - perhaps someone else here has that copy?

No clue what he's up to nowadays i'm afraid....

*edit* wow - looks like i spent waaay to long writing this - peeps beat me to it :rolleyes:

Edited by El_JimBob

[quote name='El_JimBob' post='488898' date='May 15 2009, 02:04 PM']Wow - Tayste_2000 - not at work? or in charge of the Bass Matrix maybe????

that was the interview i was thinking of :)[/quote]

Am at work and I have it saved on the internet because it took me 4 years to find it until a BC'er found it and scanned it for me.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='488908' date='May 15 2009, 02:15 PM']Am at work and I have it saved on the internet because it took me 4 years to find it until a BC'er found it and scanned it for me.[/quote]

well, that's quite some skillz you have there, sir.... i would have had to scrape away 15yrs worth of dust to find mine i reckon :)

HUGE tone! Fantastic player, lays it down hard, leaps out front with brilliant fills, FX pedal madness, really works the groove. Paranoid & Sunburnt is full of bass gems, it's a shame their songwriting isn't strong enough for me to have listened to the three albums I have all that often.

Alex

[quote name='alexclaber' post='489006' date='May 15 2009, 03:54 PM']it's a shame their songwriting isn't strong enough for me to have listened to the three albums I have all that often.

Alex[/quote]

Yeh, a massive shame! Such a great sound and loads of energy. Perhaps the reformation will bring some great new songs!

I saw Cass Lewis several times hanging around in the Bass Centre trying gear. He used Peavey at the time and was moving to Trace. He was [i]seriously[/i] good. I used to pretend to check out the basses and listen to him. This was just before TTD.

Who or what was TTD? Hang on, brain wave - Terence Trent Darby?

Sadly I don't hold much hope for their writing skills having improved - though you never know, it took the Chilis three or four albums to get the hang of it!

Alex

Edited by alexclaber

[quote name='alexclaber' post='489065' date='May 15 2009, 04:52 PM']Who or what was TTD? Hang on, brain wave - Terence Trent Darby?

Sadly I don't hold much hope for their writing skills having improved - though you never know, it took the Chilis three or four albums to get the hang of it!

Alex[/quote]

Get it right. Terence Trent D'Arby.

Cass and Skunk Anansie have been writing and recording their new allbum for a while now. I know, because they are often down the corridor from me. I see Cass about a lot where we rehearse. He's been there for ages, but of course now back with SA.

[quote name='alexclaber' post='489065' date='May 15 2009, 04:52 PM']Sadly I don't hold much hope for their writing skills having improved - though you never know, it took the Chilis three or four albums to get the hang of it![/quote]

OOOFFFF - Er no mate, gotta disagree with you there, from Freaky Stylee to Blood Sugar are all top IMO. Then it all started going terribly wrong, they never got back to the greatness of Blood Sugar, not even close in fact :)

[quote name='51m0n' post='489085' date='May 15 2009, 05:07 PM']OOOFFFF - Er no mate, gotta disagree with you there, from Freaky Stylee to Blood Sugar are all top IMO. Then it all started going terribly wrong, they never got back to the greatness of Blood Sugar, not even close in fact :)[/quote]

too true.

They peaked with Freaky Stylee / Mothers Milk / Blood Sugar and then fell off a cliff into mediocre MOR. At least I was lucky enough to see them live during their greatness.