Why become a member? ×

Bass Merchant

JackLondon

Hi Folks,

First time I've been doing some business with Bass Merchant in Colchester and what a service you get. Ordered a GK 700RBII which is out of stock but now paid up for 1001RB II + rack case and they even offered to put the head straight into the rack case. That's absolutely amazing and the price is unbeatable, the Gallery wants £250 more for the same head.

Great service guys, keep it up.

Cheers
Jack

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='487161' date='May 13 2009, 07:11 PM']ive purchased all my aguilar gear from the bass merchant!

i usually deal with Darren!

i honestly couldn't have wished for better advice and service!

:)[/quote]
Ditto! :rolleyes:

I obviously need to get myself to the Bass Merchant one weekend :) (no excuse as Colchester is just down the road now)

If you're comparing the price of gear to the Bass Gallery website then you'll notice that all the prices on their site are the RRP. They claim to price-match if you can get it cheaper elsewhere, but I've only ever browsed in the Bass Gallery so far and haven't taken them up on that offer.

[quote name='peted' post='487533' date='May 14 2009, 08:05 AM']I obviously need to get myself to the Bass Merchant one weekend :) (no excuse as Colchester is just down the road now)

If you're comparing the price of gear to the Bass Gallery website then you'll notice that all the prices on their site are the RRP. They claim to price-match if you can get it cheaper elsewhere, but I've only ever browsed in the Bass Gallery so far and haven't taken them up on that offer.[/quote]

To be honest I didn't had the time to go down to the Gallery and got a price from Bass Merchant that I'm happy with anyway so no complaints here. For now there will be no more spending for me so I don't anticipate taking them up on the price match offer any time soon :rolleyes:

Jack

+1 for their general vibe as a shop!

Popped in there after just before xmas '08 when I learned that they had moved, just to check the shop out really as Colchester is my home-town (although not my town of residency anymore).
And Darren spent a fair amount of time talking about their stock and what things they had happening, we spoke about my want for light-weight cabs and what they were looking at over at NAMM.
I had a bit of a look at basses, had a play through some cabs and went away thinking that I'd give them my business if I ever bought anything 'new' again!

So yes
Well done! :)

Si

Nothing but praise for the Bass Merchant, they were super helpful recently after my LMII developed a fault even though the unit was bought prior to the current owner's buy out. Just wish I lived closer (I'd never be out of there though!).