Why become a member? ×

new sire (stringray esq) line

danbowskill

7 minutes ago, BassAgent said:

Is 500 quid a beginner-level price point?

Considering what everyday things cost in the UK nowadays,  I would say so, yes. Young people (most likely to be beginners)in particular spend ridiculous amounts of their parents money on things like smashed avocado, Starbucks and McDonald's et al. that £500 for a bass is not untoward. What does a decent coat cost nowadays?

If I was twelve years old again I would demand a family meeting to tell my parents in no uncertain terms that they need to get me one of these basses or the likelihood is that I will become yet another tragic victim of knife crime on the blood-soaked streets of Broken Britain. I'm sure they would see sense.

1 hour ago, gjones said:

Checked out videos of them at NAMM and they look nicer in the flesh than in a photos. No real reviews yet though that I can see.

I've just submitted video reviews for the V7 Vintage, V5-25, P5 and P5R (Bass Gear Magazine) and have already asked that Sire let me know when the new models hit these shores so I can review some of those too. So, keep an eye out for some decent in-depth footage! 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Hoffbass said:

Worth mentioning that these have stainless steel frets like the US Music Man basses and unlike Ernie Ball, Sire produces the HS configuration.

* Z7 only, not the Z3.

Just now, Hoffbass said:

Yes but the point is they offer these extras at much lower price level

I accept and agree with your point, I'm merely clarifying that you won't get that if you buy a Z3 - your point was ambiguous to the point where it could be read as suggesting that all the "Sirerays" had stainless steel frets.  That's incorrect, and I'm just tidying that part up - not diluting your point in any way or trying to make you look daft.  Are we good?