Why become a member? ×

Can I Ignore a Moderator's Signature

Stub Mandrel

Question

I routinely ignore people signatures if they are more than a line or two long, especially the one that are a post ion themselves.

I don't want to ignore all signatures, as I normally read even the long ones once.

There's at least one mod with a very long sig (8 lines including blank lines) but I notice that unlike ordinary members, mods don't have ignore settings.

Possibly this is so you can't ignore moderators? That's fair enough, but it would still be nice to ignore bloated moderator sigs...

15 answers to this question

I didn't know so I looked into it - to ignore a users signature you have to add them to your ignore list, and just select their signature (you don't actually do this, that is what happens in the background), but you can't add a moderator to an ignore list, so that doesn't work.

So yes, it is a feature of the forum itself and there isn't a way around that one on here.

• Like 1

Intersting. I tend to set all signatures longer than a couple of lines to ignore, and haven't noticed this particular one. So...

1. I simply don't come across this particular mod in the threads I frequent, so I haven't noticed it.

2. I set their signature to ignore on a previous version of the forum that allowed it.

3. I set their signature to ignore before they became a mod. This last one raises an interesting conundrum, since the moderators change from time to time what happens to someone who becomes a moderator who was previously set to ignore?

If the signature is truly excessive maybe you should name and shame. 

• Like 1

I

14 minutes ago, Rich said:

Having read this, I've realised that my signature is/was possibly a bijou bit on the, errm shall we say substantial side, so I've truncated it a bit. 

II think the paranoia set in - I edited mine too (although it was small font with spaces). I never know the etiquette with such things. 😸

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, BigRedX said:

If the signature is truly excessive maybe you should name and shame. 

Probably borderline... they use a small font. Many will find it acceptable.

The rules changed a year or two ago, in response to many egregiously long signatures full of images ("this is my bass museum...") so the maximum signature is three lines, two URLs and one image now.

I think the offending signatures must pre-date the change.

Edited by Stub Mandrel

8 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

I have them all off 365 and forgot they even existed. More posts less garbage per scroll. You could toggle them on once a month and get your fill before turning them off.

I'm still interested to see what new posters say about themselves. I read, and if long, ignore.

On 26/01/2024 at 07:01, Downunderwonder said:

I have them all off 365 and forgot they even existed. More posts less garbage per scroll. You could toggle them on once a month and get your fill before turning them off.

I had no idea such things existed, I've never seen one.

38 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

True. But then you Have to cope with my application phone spilling.

Don't worry Stubs, it is just as appalling when viewed on a pc. :D 

• Haha 1