Why become a member? ×

'tis but a flesh wound...

There is a slight blemish on the back of the neck, but apart from this, it is in great condition!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285574555048

s-l1600.jpg

So we're referring to a headstock breaking off and being glued back together with splints and then poorly painted over as a slight blemish now?

You don't seem many of these 70s bicentennial ones in Pelham blue. If it wasn't for the headstock repair & mismatched paint it would be right up my street.

s-l1600.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I know matching aged Pelham Blue - or any metallic colour is likely to be impossible for a touch-up job, but I've seen luthiers deal with this on other gibsons with a headstock repair by painting the back of the headstock black and fading it out just beyond the repair. That would look a lot better than dumping a load of what I'd assume to be blue nail polish on it.

That’s a good price if it really is a Bicentennial T’bird - I’ve never seen one in Pelham blue (original????)

Yup, that’s the most bodged headstock repair I’ve ever seen, but should be pretty straightforward for a pro to put right.  Seller should have been straight about it though.....

It's a refin. The holes where the pickup and bridge covers were screwed in have paint inside them. You'd think they could have done a better job on the repair since they knew a painter already.

What's going on with the screws in the top of the pickup covers? I've never seen that before.