Why become a member? ×

Spector Euro 5LX - On hold pending Christmas madness - *SOLD*
£1050
Morecambe

lee650

Due to a very recent wrist operation and one still to have on my other, I've decided for the next 12 months I'll be going back to four strings (ive a Sire jazz 5 that's 34" and easier to play, in case I need a 5) I'll need to move this on, as it won't be played. 

This is a 2011 Spector Euro 5LX, in natural. It is 35" scale neck through with an Alder body and a walnut centre piece, and a very well figured (for an older Euro) quilted maple top.

Pickups are the later CS (ceramic/steel) TW dual coils,which are splittable (via push/pull vol) into standard EMG single coils, so many different  tones are available. These Pickups are far warmer and more organic than the usual very bright EMG dual coils used, but still can be bright with the tone pump (with trimpot) adjusted. The bass has a satin finish and has a tone very reminiscent of a Ken smith,I've used it for soul and rock and sounds huge.

This bass has very much been a road warrior and his been gigged loads in its life, and as a result has a lot of bumps and dings, as well as some of the finish worn away above the front pickup( its a satin finish, so they ding easier), and a  chunk out of the treble side of the neck. This looks unsightly, but in no way interferes with the playability of this bass. I was going to get it filled, but it didn't bother me at all, to be clear it's a workhorse, and priced as such, you won't get a full fat neck through Spector 5 at this price.
The hardware,neck, and everything else about this bass works perfectly, currently strung with fairly new DR blue coated  strings and the weight is 4.46kg (just under 10llbs)

I will ship this to the UK only in a  stagg gig bag, and properly boxed for £1050

soldreceived_758605515480314.thumb.jpeg.fdaff8d04d199b2e68f53c75b7b70ec9.jpeg

received_381634174079254.jpeg

received_758605515480314.jpeg

received_585122289671860.jpeg

received_412589987571145.jpeg

20230812_122329.jpg

FB_IMG_1684187181020.jpg

20220831_171004.jpg

20220831_170951.jpg

Edited by lee650
  • Like 9

Spector Euros are fantastic basses. The quality difference between these and their US made counterparts is there, but having owned both, the price gap really isn't worth the difference. These Euros are absolutely excellent beasts. Makes me miss my 6 string version! 

• Like 1

This used to belong to me. I can attest that it's a superb bass and only for the fact I already own two Spectors I would never have sold it. It's got a great sound and the comment about the EMGs is bang on.

The ding on the fretboard was done when I had it but it no way affects the playibility of the bass.

Someone is going to get an absolute bargain.

GLWTS

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Lender said:

Nice bass indeed. Why only UK shipping?

Thanks Lender!

Because I don't want the extra hassle of posting a large item abroad. It'll also cost more than I've budgeted, I've sent a couple of pedals abroad recently and they were held at customs for weeks. I've decided not to put myself through that stress.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lee650 said:

Thanks Lender!

Because I don't want the extra hassle of posting a large item abroad. It'll also cost more than I've budgeted, I've sent a couple of pedals abroad recently and they were held at customs for weeks. I've decided not to put myself through that stress.

Too bad. Let me know if you change your mind. :)

• Like 1

• lee650 changed the title to Spector Euro 5LX - SOLD