Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie - UK Availability

Pirellithecat

Mesa's European Distribution set up just sent this. 

We are hoping to start shipping our MESA products to the European (including the UK) market either towards the end of the year or the start of 2024. 

So not long to wait now!   I'll just have to de-GAS for while longer

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got this from mesa via messenger last night by way of update after asking. Still feels a long way off...hopefully dates are locked though 🤷‍♂️

Hey Andy...thanks for reaching out. Mesa products will be on display at the Gibson Garage, but will not be ready for sales until April 2024.

• Like 1

I haven’t heard this, my understanding is that Mesa gear will be there for the opening.  

I’m not directly involved with the marketing side, especially international marketing, so things may have changed related to the construction or the phasing in of the brands owned beyond Gibson branded products themselves.  I will ask and see if I can get updated info. 

Edited by agedhorse
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, MOSCOWBASS said:

24th Feb 2024, Gibson Garage opening in London... according to email I got. Hopefully Mesa bass amps available too.

Our hope is that the Mesa showroom will also be complete by that date, but I don't know the details. There are containers of Mesa products that have already been shipped, so we are all hopeful that this date remains correct.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 5 weeks later...

A quick update - Boogie gear is in the UK and will be on display for the opening of the Gibson Garage in London this Saturday.

Dealers throughout Europe will have Boogie products in their stores in April, be sure to let them know what models you would like to see.

Also, for anyone that’s able to visit the garage, I would love to hear your impressions as I won’t be able to visit. Please message me or comment on this thread.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, agedhorse said:

A quick update - Boogie gear is in the UK and will be on display for the opening of the Gibson Garage in London this Saturday.

Dealers throughout Europe will have Boogie products in their stores in April, be sure to let them know what models you would like to see.

Also, for anyone that’s able to visit the garage, I would love to hear your impressions as I won’t be able to visit. Please message me or comment on this thread.

Thanks for the update! Do you know if they'll be available to test and buy, or just on display only? Not meaning to be a pedant! ✌️

26 minutes ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

Thanks for the update! Do you know if they'll be available to test and buy, or just on display only? Not meaning to be a pedant! ✌️

Good question, I don’t have these details but expect that they won’t be set up to sell amps for another month or so. They seem to be pretty overwhelmed with the opening itself and all the work associated with launching such an endeavor. I could be wrong however, but that’s my best guess from where I am sitting. 

This was just forwarded to me:  https://www.guitarworld.com/news/gibson-garage-london-preview

Edited by agedhorse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fretmeister said:

Those new prices! Ha ha hahahahahaha 

I really wanted a TT-800 but they can jog on now.

IMG_3649.png

Blimey! Good job I got mine when I did! I just pre-ordered a 210 and 115 from there, need to move on my Aguilar kit first!

Edited by bassace97
  • Like 2

Subtract 20% VAT and it’s pretty comparable to US costs. Remember that we have to add about 9% state sales tax (varies by state) to our prices. Then there’s shipping, duty, import fees and EU registration fees that US manufactured products get charged to get into Europe.

I didn’t say gone up compared to the USA. 

Gibson do have form for massive price rises across their brands with no perceived increase in quality or features.

Their “entry level” Les Paul (Studio) hit £1500 before it was discontinued this week.

I went to try a few about a year ago, and actually bought a LTD EC-256 for £400 instead as it was better in every way. 

Again, still nothing to do with Gibson upping prices across the board.

They’ve clearly decided that their market is the well off 50 year old or over with little or no interest in anyone else.

Now that Epiphone are regularly over £1000 as well, there is nothing to encourage youngsters to want to try the brand.

I know that long term Mesa employees don’t want to hear it, but your new overlords belong in the same category as Darth Bezos.

£900 for a 350W amp is taking the piss, no matter what country it is in.

• Like 3