Why become a member? ×

Andertons now advertising Vintera II

police squad

22 minutes ago, Cato said:

A lot of it's not in yet but the Sea Foam Green Telebass is showing as 'in stock'.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/fender/vintera-series/fender-vintera-ii-70s-telecaster-bass-mn-seafoam-green

I wonder how long that will last?

Andertons is only about 15 mins away from me so if its still in stock then I might pop down on Friday and have a look. Will report back if I do.

• Thanks 1

On 19/09/2023 at 15:09, ossyrocks said:

Has anyone noticed they've narrowed the nut width on the P Bass from the first version? Now 42mm (B width). It makes them much more attractive to me now.

Rob

I've been looking at these further, and followed some links to others for sale on other sites. It appears that Andertons are advertising the wrong nut width. They are not 42mm as it says on the Andertons website, they are in fact 44.5mm, which is a significant difference to me. I'm out.

https://www.fender.com/en-GB/electric-basses/precision-bass/vintera-ii-60s-precision-bass/0149220305.html

Rob

I had a play on one of the 70's Tele Basses in Surf Green yesterday and loved it. The one I tried only weighed 8 1/2lb which for a slab body is a good weight in my eyes. 

The neck was lovely and it had been set up with a nice low action. The whole bass was put together really well. Sound-wise it's a lot more versatile than I thought, especially if you vary right hand position and playing where I usually play (mid-way between bridge and the start of the neck) and with tone on full reminded me very much of a 4003 neck pickup which someone else in this thread alluded to. It's a sound I love: deep and slightly "fizzy" and just the right side of warm before moving in to a bit too warm for me. Definitely a 70's sounding vibe from the music I love. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

I had a play on one of the 70's Tele Basses in Surf Green yesterday and loved it. The one I tried only weighed 8 1/2lb which for a slab body is a good weight in my eyes. 

The neck was lovely and it had been set up with a nice low action. The whole bass was put together really well. Sound-wise it's a lot more versatile than I thought, especially if you vary right hand position and playing where I usually play (mid-way between bridge and the start of the neck) and with tone on full reminded me very much of a 4003 neck pickup which someone else in this thread alluded to. It's a sound I love: deep and slightly "fizzy" and just the right side of warm before moving in to a bit too warm for me. Definitely a 70's sounding vibe from the music I love. 

Are you going to buy one? I know I will be when funds allow.

5 minutes ago, Linus27 said:

Are you going to buy one? I know I will be when funds allow.

I'm really tempted mate, I need to shift a few bits first but I was really impressed. They let me try it on a strap too and it felt really good and comfortable which I was surprised about given that I've switched to short scales predominantly. 

The colour in the flesh is really nice too. I didn't see one of the vintage white ones but the surf green ticked all the boxes for me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

I'm really tempted mate, I need to shift a few bits first but I was really impressed. They let me try it on a strap too and it felt really good and comfortable which I was surprised about given that I've switched to short scales predominantly. 

The colour in the flesh is really nice too. I didn't see one of the vintage white ones but the surf green ticked all the boxes for me. 

Awesome, I'd like to see the vintage white in the flesh as I love the surf green but the vintage white I think is more fitting. The feedback so far from those who have tried them has all been really positive so it sounds like a winner :)

35 minutes ago, Linus27 said:

Awesome, I'd like to see the vintage white in the flesh as I love the surf green but the vintage white I think is more fitting. The feedback so far from those who have tried them has all been really positive so it sounds like a winner :)

Yeah, the white is more accurate I guess but I've never really liked white/cream basses unfortunately so the green was my fave 

Guitat guitar have them in now as well. This is a problem for me as i have longed for an olympic white P with a tort guard and rosewood board for some time.

I say problem as i am selling a prs to fund a Reverend purchase, which may now be traded in against the OW P instead. I am quite lazy , the trade in is easier 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

Well I did this. Love itIMG_0472.thumb.jpeg.04884142db755d4b1d0ad3796d70a226.jpegIMG_0467.thumb.jpeg.ba02a9c9f326be5169f73bebc0723879.jpeg

Well done, it looks fantastic.

All you need now is to use a black Sharpie to imitate a crack in the pickguard from the 'E' side of the heel of the neck to the Pup and you have a perfect "vintage" '72 Tele Bass 😂

• Thanks 1