Why become a member? ×

40th Anniversary Precision £259 at Thomann!

Frank n funker

8 hours ago, Supernaut said:

LPB with blocks and binding. Restrung with Dunlop Flatwounds. 

2607E0E8-66D4-4EA5-8840-0F81E9842477.thumb.jpeg.6c1cd9273909851ee63e5729feca1a6a.jpeg

I’ve been trying to work out what I like the most about this. Blocks and binding? Scratchplate? Gold hardware? I don’t think I really love any particular design choice but all together it just looks killer. Im so jealous I don’t have £260 knocking around to grab one!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ezbass said:

Currently wishing I'd pulled the trigger sooner, this inactivity, waiting for the border clearance, is driving me nuts. 😬

Hopefully some DHL tealeaf won't help themselves to it - it took Thomann two attempts to send me a Sire D5...

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, neepheid said:

Hopefully some DHL tealeaf won't help themselves to it - it took Thomann two attempts to send me a Sire D5...

It'll be out for delivery tomorrow, apparently. I hope I'm not disappointed by either the product or the delivery. 😬🤞

• Like 1

I got the blonde one back in February and it’s been my main bass ever since! Sounds incredible and the rolled edges and the fretboard are a game changer. It has taken the place of my fenders, I’m tempted to order the red one as a backup or to keep in an alternate tuning.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, maidens97 said:

I got the blonde one back in February and it’s been my main bass ever since! Sounds incredible and the rolled edges and the fretboard are a game changer. It has taken the place of my fenders, I’m tempted to order the red one as a backup or to keep in an alternate tuning.

They are such great basses and so lovely to play, even addictive. I was just about to go to bed and couldn't resist having a noodle, put a big smile on my face.

14 minutes ago, grapefruitmoon said:

Got the Satin Red P delivered yesterday and loving it. Amazing bass for the money. Cheers to all on here for the heads up!

I think it would only be fair that Thomann pays me a commission for pushing some of these sales! I would happily accept a DR P just for company for my VB.

Just weighed mine and the P is approx 7.5lbs and the J approx 9.5.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, sPiKi said:

P is approx 7.5lbs

That would a complete result for me.

51 minutes ago, Kev said:

Doh! Just 4 days late. I’m ok with it as I should be NBD today and not next week. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, grapefruitmoon said:

Got the Satin Red P delivered yesterday and loving it. Amazing bass for the money. Cheers to all on here for the heads up!

One thing I'm so surprised about is the build quality, it's amazing. Out of the box they are so playable that I would be happy to gig it with no adjustment and they sound absolutely amazing. I've only ever had one Squier before which was the Vintage Modified Fretless Jazz which was ok but the build quality was a bit iffy. I actually had to take one back as the neck was warped and the replacement was better but not great but this 40th Anniversary is on par with the US and Jap Fender's I've had or got. They certainly pushed the boat out on these basses and I'm kind of tempted to pick up either one of the blue or black gold editions or the 40th Anniversary Jazz.

• Like 4