Why become a member? ×

Cr#p covers by artists who should have known better

Leonard Smalls

53 minutes ago, Rollin Thunder said:

Not a cover, Zodiac wrote it/co wrote it for Alice and fid his/their own version as well.

I was in a band in about 1988/9 that did a cover of a Zodiac Mindwarp song. I have never heard the original and I never really knew what the song was called. It’s been bugging me for years!

This is the first time I have ever come across anyone that even knows of the band.

11 minutes ago, KingBollock said:

I was in a band in about 1988/9 that did a cover of a Zodiac Mindwarp song. I have never heard the original and I never really knew what the song was called. It’s been bugging me for years!

This is the first time I have ever come across anyone that even knows of the band.

They were great, saw them live a couple of times, was rather taken aback at the first gig when they did a cover of George Michaels I’m Your Man.

31 minutes ago, KingBollock said:

Great band, semi parody or serious who knows, superb debut album bot a dud track on it.

• Like 1

I think Joe Bonamassa's cover of Tim Curry's Sloe Gin, although not in itself that bad, lacks the poignancy and pathos of the original.  Making the lyric 'family friendly' kind of misses the point, I think, and his assumed, pseudo-gravelly singing tends to grate on my nerves after a while.

3 hours ago, AndyFereday said:

I think Cradle of Filth (or as I like to call them, Bucket of Shite) did some truly awful covers. They even covered a Cliff Richards song. Seriously.

I love all the Cradle of Faith covers, including Devil Woman. Their version of Stay is particularly good, as is their version of Iron Maiden’s Hallowed Be Thy Name.

I genuinely can’t wait to see what Cradle and Ed Sheeran have cooked up.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KingBollock said:

I love all the Cradle of Faith covers, including Devil Woman. Their version of Stay is particularly good, as is their version of Iron Maiden’s Hallowed Be Thy Name.

I genuinely can’t wait to see what Cradle and Ed Sheeran have cooked up.

I thought CoF's cover of Sleepless was better than the original. 

On 09/09/2023 at 12:49, KingBollock said:

Damian’s version of The Time Warp makes my eye twitch. The song is bad enough, but he is the cause of everyone, everywhere, that has gone to a wedding reception in the last 33 years, getting the dance wrong!

I was at a wedding reception once where you had to walk down five or six steps to get into the room. I was returning from a trip to the toilet and was at the top of the steps, when I noticed my parents right at the front of  the crowd doing the Timewarp. They were the only ones in the room who didn't know it. 😳