Why become a member? ×

Fender limited edition Mike Kerr Jaguar...Tiger's Blood Orange!

jd56hawk

6 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Although his bridge setup doesn't help, bridge doesn't look great? 

image.thumb.png.92a8132d221c0d6c9b37b8f240a290ac.png

Well the alignment would have been even worse had he not set up the bridge this way.

As he also actually does mention in that video.

He set it up this way to compensate the best he could for the misalignment.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

the d and g string on that bridge the sadlle do appear to be heading of to the right a bit adjusting the e and a to the left would of given a bit of a better result, i do agree tho sadly its a sig instrument......you are going to get something close to what the artist wants not a standard bass also that config is very different to standard. i think hes a cool reviewer but im not sure how he records but my guess given alot of things do sadly seem to sound very similar theres some post processing being done, so its super hard to take this demo as a sound of the bass.

ive seen a few other demos where is sounds killer, mainly mike kerr on a live stream lol

8 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

Well the alignment would have been even worse had he not set up the bridge this way.

As he also actually does mention in that video.

He set it up this way to compensate the best he could for the misalignment.

I'm not sure, he wouldn't have such uneven spacing, and the jury's out on whether the strings need to run directly over those pole pieces

8 hours ago, 0175westwood29 said:

the d and g string on that bridge the sadlle do appear to be heading of to the right a bit adjusting the e and a to the left would of given a bit of a better result, i do agree tho sadly its a sig instrument......you are going to get something close to what the artist wants not a standard bass also that config is very different to standard. i think hes a cool reviewer but im not sure how he records but my guess given alot of things do sadly seem to sound very similar theres some post processing being done, so its super hard to take this demo as a sound of the bass.

ive seen a few other demos where is sounds killer, mainly mike kerr on a live stream lol

That was my feeling, the saddles appear to be offline

Re sig, not sure I agree, I doubt they've made a purposely misaligned instrument to meet the endorsed player's requirements?

I think I get the sneaky feeling that in the video he's doing his best to show the bass in it's worst light? There are certainly issues, but also when he plays unprocessed he also puts in about 90% less effort than when he plays processed, which probably makes more difference than would changing out the PUPs

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Beedster said:

That was my feeling, the saddles appear to be offline

Re sig, not sure I agree, I doubt they've made a purposely misaligned instrument to meet the endorsed player's requirements?

But I think with a bit of a better setup those saddles I’m guessing that alignment won’t be an issue, 

my comment on the sig was more down to the sound Mike Kerr wants will def not be what 90% of bassist want 

18 minutes ago, 0175westwood29 said:

my comment on the sig was more down to the sound Mike Kerr wants will def not be what 90% of bassist want 

Then they should buy a different bass. Surely the whole point of having lots of different designs is that somewhere there will be the right bass for everyone.

Otherwise we should all play Fender Precissions and be done with it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BigRedX said:

Then they should buy a different bass. Surely the whole point of having lots of different designs is that somewhere there will be the right bass for everyone.

Otherwise we should all play Fender Precissions and be done with it.

100%, im going of people that ive seen commenting similar to the demo its not getting a sound they want or cant do a normal Jaguar sound

however in this studio pick the strings look in a similar spot and Mike doesnt seem to fussed

Screenshot2023-09-06at17_00_08.png.01c7b5826c93574488455ba6347c22d6.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The pole pieces on my one don't align directly over the string and this has been the case on a number of guitars and basses I've owned in the past. Other than aesthetics it really doesn't affect sound or playability and if there has been a tiny discernible difference in sound output, raising the pickup one side marginally helps. 

Edited by Old Horse Murphy
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...

I've just bought one ( had Gas for it since release)  and there is nothing wrong with it at all. I watched the vids on Youtube with the biassed guy with an axe to grind and it almost put me off getting one - glad I paid no attention to him. Merchant City Music were brilliant during the purchase as they happily sent me photos of all of the bits that might have been cause for concern and allayed my fears.

I bought 3 basses last week - this , the Reverend Mike Watt ( they need to do a Black Grape model) and a Lakland 55-02 - all brilliant basses in their own ways but the Mike Kerr was the one I couldn't put down.

• Like 1