Why become a member? ×

Good afternoon from Bromley (London / Kent)

jwhw1993

Hello, I'm new to Basschat despite purchasing my first shortscale bass recently via Basschat. It is a Sire U5. I've also bought a Chowny SWB1 (both secondhand) with the intention of seeing which one I prefer. The idea is to move to shortscale and sell my longscale basses through Basschat which are -

Sterling Sub by Musicman Ray 4

Ibanez SR600E

Ibanez SR370E

Ibanez SR370EF (Fretless)

If you're interested, please let me know.

Thanks

Martin

Welcome , I’ve been mostly using short scales for some years now and have acquired about a dozen of them , but I’ve hung on to the older long scales for now. 
I’ve got some classics and don’t want to part with them. They still bring me joy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/08/2023 at 16:18, PaulThePlug said:

Hi from Orpington...

Ibanez... loves an SR...Gets some pics up in the Ibanez Thread...

Don't tell me the SR370E / EF are a matching pair... my Wallet and Wife couldn't take it!

Hello. Apologies for the delay in replying. 

Not quite - the E is blue and the EF a type of sunburst. I'm hoping to list them shortly.

Cheers

On 02/08/2023 at 19:10, msb said:

Welcome , I’ve been mostly using short scales for some years now and have acquired about a dozen of them , but I’ve hung on to the older long scales for now. 
I’ve got some classics and don’t want to part with them. They still bring me joy.

Wow a dozen! Thanks for the welcome.

On 01/08/2023 at 20:02, ezbass said:

:crigon_04:

As an ex south of the river denizen, I often visited Bromley for shopping and played the Railway Tavern.

Make sure you head over to the Short Scale Appreciation Thread if you haven’t already.

I live quite close to The Swan in West Wickham, a pub with live music you may know. Thanks for the advice. Apologies for the late reply.

• Like 2

On 02/08/2023 at 19:10, msb said:

If you have a nice short scale, let me know. Happy to make the trip back to Croydon and Bromley 😀

Whoops. Misread that one completely. If you have a cheap 62 Fender I’d still come to Canada for it. The price of the airfare is probably negligible on that sort of bass😀

all the best and sorry for the confusion 

rob

The closest I’d have is a well worn 72 Pbass. That was my first real bass though so it would be one of the last ones I’d sell. For many years my only bass , it was mint when I first got it , and looks like it went through the Boer War now … still plays like a dream.

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/08/2023 at 14:38, jwhw1993 said:

Hello, I'm new to Basschat despite purchasing my first shortscale bass recently via Basschat. It is a Sire U5. I've also bought a Chowny SWB1 (both secondhand) with the intention of seeing which one I prefer. The idea is to move to shortscale and sell my longscale basses through Basschat which are -

Sterling Sub by Musicman Ray 4

Ibanez SR600E

Ibanez SR370E

Ibanez SR370EF (Fretless)

If you're interested, please let me know.

Thanks

Martin

Interesting for me to know what drives you to move to short scales if possible? I'm a newbie too, I'm trying to learn a bit more . Thanks and welcome too!!! 

• 2 weeks later...