Why become a member? ×

Have You ever tried to uppercut Your bass ?

nilorius

1 minute ago, ahpook said:

That sounds like a punchy tone ;)

In all seriousness, I like the chiming harmonics on my Warwick, so the low end is set to be resonant rather than growling and the upper-mids are basically left alone.

• Like 1

Daahhh.......i didn't meant it like eq, but a punch, when You get a little angry to Your bass for something. BUT let's continue, anyway. Now I have to say Yes, i do it always, I like to add a middle a lot and cut the upper middle frequencies to low middle.

28 minutes ago, nilorius said:

Daahhh.......i didn't meant it like eq, but a punch, when You get a little angry to Your bass for something.

What? O.o No! The only problem with my gear is operator error and I’m not about to smack myself in the teeth. 

1 hour ago, nilorius said:

Daahhh.......i didn't meant it like eq, but a punch, when You get a little angry to Your bass for something. BUT let's continue, anyway. Now I have to say Yes, i do it always, I like to add a middle a lot and cut the upper middle frequencies to low middle.

Punching bass, bad idea, will hurt your hand.. Suggest P. Simonon method.. 

As regards tone, on the PJ I have everything turned right up, max vol on both, max tone on master. 

The faux Rick thing always treble pick up only and again max tone. 

The bass Vl has lots of options so can't really say one only, and I do switch about with it

The Gretsch Vl I only really use the neck pickup, but with tone right up max, yet again. 

Stingray btw I reckon you can't really have the treble boost right up as it'd take the top of your head off! 

Any other bass shape things are disassembled in bits at the mo

HTH 😁

Edited by Waddo Soqable

9 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

I thought by the thread title you were talking about the Bass rather than an amp... 

You thought, but may be You - dreamed, like robot. Anyway, to hear Your bass, You have to connect it to amp.🤑