Why become a member? ×

Anyone got a Phone number for DPD customer service ?

petetexas

Making it hard to find an effective way to contact them and make a complaint is very much deliberate on their part. I’ve noticed it a lot these last few years in this country in non-regulated businesses.

They do publish a complaints charter on their website. Don’t know if current, but may help. https://www.dpd.co.uk/pdf/dpd-complaints-charter.pdf

• Like 1

I've had many courier related issues over the years.  A 'lost' designer handbag, last seen when scanned in to the local depot and never scanned out. A case of craft-beer that was out for delivery, then 'delayed' on a Friday afternoon, never to be seen again. I could go on!

In my experience, complaints from those receiving deliveries from them are rarely given the time of day - because their customer is the company sending the parcel. Assuming DPD have messed up a delivery somehow - I'd suggest you'd have a better time contacting the company who sent it. Obviously it's very different situation if it's another private individual. 

I've never had an issue with DPD, like ever.  The app's great, gives me a 1 hour window, a wee map where the driver is and a countdown of the number of stops.  I've got a gigbag arriving today, as it happens, just had my half hour warning of its arrival.

Maybe I'm just lucky?

Edited by neepheid

35 minutes ago, neepheid said:

I've never had an issue with DPD, like ever.  The app's great, gives me a 1 hour window, a wee map where the driver is and a countdown of the number of stops.  I've got a gigbag arriving today, as it happens, just had my half hour warning of its arrival.

Maybe I'm just lucky?

Same here, but no courier is perfect. Our local Hermes delivery person is fantastic for example, but she seems to be an exception by all accounts.

Thanks EBS_freak ,

Got through after 4 calls , raised my complaint ( parcel should have been picked up yesterday , paid for next day delivery - still in drop shop - looking into

giving me a refund ) and delivering tomorrow.......watch this space !

Pete

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neepheid said:

Maybe I'm just lucky?

You are lucky. Our frozen dog food was out for delivery, got message it was delayed, then didn't turn up until next day. Good job it was January's delivery and not this month's!

4 hours ago, petetexas said:

Thanks EBS_freak ,

Got through after 4 calls , raised my complaint ( parcel should have been picked up yesterday , paid for next day delivery - still in drop shop - looking into

giving me a refund ) and delivering tomorrow.......watch this space !

Pete

Glad you got a result

For  the most part I've had very few problems with DPD other than a couple of times with next day delivery; one on the run up to Christmas when the parcel never made it to the lorry to get to the local DPD depot in time (a purchase from GuitarGuitar) and once when buying some bass strings from GAK. On both occasions, I've gone through the vendor to get the refund and both were excellent.  

With the second issue (Bass Strings \ GAK); GAK could see the delivery tracking of the vehicle itself. So although the driver had stated that he tried to deliver the item and I was out; GAK could see that his vehicle hadn't come within 2 miles of the house. 

I hope it gets sorted soon. 

Have written a letter of complaint to the MD , see what happens

A couple of years ago , I had a Guitar Case delivered . I happened to be in the garden so the wife answered the door . The delivery man put the case in my hall "save you lifting it love " was the words to her .

When my wife called me to say the case had arrived I rushed , in picked it up , turned it around , and there were two large slots going right through it ( it had been hit by a the forks of a Forlift truck )

The delivery man had carefully placed it so the damage could not be seen . Got a replacement from GAK , after sending pics etc.

Must say , I never saw that delivery man again ( DHL )

Pete

Received two emails from different people at DPD .....one stated that she has been instructed to ensure my parcel gets picked up , and put into the system , ( she did not say who had instructed her ) and the other to say it had been picked up !

Just waiting to see about my refund .

Pete