Why become a member? ×

Hotone Ampero Mini

TeresaFR

The larger flagship Ampero II Stomp is a phenomenal bit of kit, and if Hotone's standing wasn't in the lower budget chinese arena I think it would be a HX stomp killer (or at least challenger).  If this is even close to that quality then it'll be a tremendous bit of kit!

If only it had allowed for parallel effect processing.

That said it seems like a pretty amazing multi effect in an astonishing small, very pedal board friendly package, basically from what I can see about the size of 2 standard Boss pedals or so, relatively high quality, and a quite affordable price.

Seems like this might very well be the most advanced mini multi effect on the market, and as said even for a quite reasonable price.

I could totally see myself getting one of these to replace all my modulation effects, some additional reverb and delay, plus more. 

The link in the OP by the way doesn't work for me, this does though: https://www.hotoneaudio.com/products/multi-effects/Ampero Mini

And here's a spec comparison with the other Ampero multi effects:

image.thumb.png.79eea8fdf769520d720ee0164685b263.png

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 3

I'm struggling to see how one would change effect chains on the fly though, on most multi-effects to be honest. Feels like I must be missing something, so at the risk of looking like an idiot, outside of an HX Effects, is there an easy way to switch from say a, let's say a comp-drive-flanger-delay effects chain to a comp-synth-fuzz-chorus chain? Particularly on the Ampero Mini or otherwise on any multi-effect cheaper than a Quad Cortex (way outside my budget, so don't need to know)? Ta.

24 minutes ago, TeresaFR said:

I'm struggling to see how one would change effect chains on the fly though, on most multi-effects to be honest. Feels like I must be missing something, so at the risk of looking like an idiot, outside of an HX Effects, is there an easy way to switch from say a, let's say a comp-drive-flanger-delay effects chain to a comp-synth-fuzz-chorus chain? Particularly on the Ampero Mini or otherwise on any multi-effect cheaper than a Quad Cortex (way outside my budget, so don't need to know)? Ta.

Other than setting up two different patches and switching between them? You could use snapshots - set up a patch with parallel effects chains and take one snapshot with the effects on the first effects chain on and the second off, then vice versa for the second snapshot. Actually, the effects chains could be in series if using snapshots.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tauzero said:

Other than setting up two different patches and switching between them? You could use snapshots - set up a patch with parallel effects chains and take one snapshot with the effects on the first effects chain on and the second off, then vice versa for the second snapshot. Actually, the effects chains could be in series if using snapshots.

The Ampero Mini, unlike the Ampero Stomp II, doesn't support parallel effect processing.

But, yeah, practically just about every single multi effect, from the absolute most budget one and up will allow you to change between different patches on the fly, each individual patch allowing for being set up with whatever combination of effects you might desire.

Or am I misunderstanding you point with this?:

10 hours ago, TeresaFR said:

The only way I can understand this, yes, the Ampero Mini would allow for this, as would by far most multi effects on the market, as said from pretty much the most budget one and up.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is now available in several retailers. I am soo close to pulling the trigger...

I know it may be lacking vs the Ampero Stomp 2, but it is half-price of the bigger Stomp. It may be an excellent modern alternative to Zoom B1Four.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi ,

MX5 is great for Guitar , I was looking for something to use with my Bass , very limited on the MX5 .

Now got a TC Plethora 5X for effects , running with my Laney Digbeth pre amp . Sounds good so far .

There are some great sounds ( stock presets ) on the MX5 as a starting point ( if you tweek to suit)

Pete