Why become a member? ×

Which wireless?

M@23

1 hour ago, BassAdder60 said:

I’ve ordered the Neotech medium for now 

Now what about a spare cable ?? 

Anyone making these on eBay ?  

I used Designacable, they have the correct ones in stock, straight, angled, silent, any length, colour etc locking or screw etc

https://www.designacable.com/peavey-and-shure-glxd-wireless-system-lead-for-beltpacks-2.html

I use Levys pack holder too but find it a bit of a loose fit, if you jump up and down it could fall out ... not sure how anyone else's fits?

I'd not condone putting it in the back pocket as the cable and ariel could be vulnerable

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Adee said:

I'd not condone putting it in the back pocket as the cable and ariel could be vulnerable

To what? I’m not sure how you would damage one, the Shure ones are almost bombproof.

The only thing I don’t like about the Shure transmitters are the flimsy little rubber covers on the charging port.

They’re useless, but thankfully superfluous. Are the ones on the updated version any better?

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker

21 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

To what? I’m not sure how you would damage one, the Shure ones are almost bombproof.

The only thing I don’t like about the Shure transmitters are the flimsy little rubber covers on the charging port.

They’re useless, but thankfully superfluous. Are the ones on the updated version any better?

Depends how tight your pants are and how active you are on stage I guess!

the revised model has a different redesigned rubber cover, still doesn't look much better though, hopefully a tighter fit 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Yes the rubber things used to be terrible, the newer ones have the problem solved and are much better 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adee said:

Depends how tight your pants are and how active you are on stage I guess!

the revised model has a different redesigned rubber cover, still doesn't look much better though, hopefully a tighter fit 

I clip it to the outside of my back pocket, so pants tightness is not an issue 😎

• Haha 1

Is the supplied lead too long ? 

Naturally you don’t want it too short but I believe it’s 3ft long ? 

On the Shure unit? I don't think it was that long, although I ordered a lead with a right-angled jack, so I didn't use it. 

I'll see if I can find the original.

• Thanks 1

I think the cable is WA305 0.9m long 

I’ve ordered a spare as 0.75m as I think it will also be long enough 

I recently made a couple of those for @andydye at 60cm or just short of 2ft but of course it depends on where your output Jack is situated and where you site your transmitter.

6 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

I recently made a couple of those for @andydye at 60cm or just short of 2ft but of course it depends on where your output Jack is situated and where you site your transmitter.

I have my transmitter a tad further up my strap than most (I think), I can reach it comfortably but it lays flat against my ribs at the back so doesn't flap about when I'm cavorting around the stage

1 minute ago, BassAdder60 said:

I’m correct thinking the transmitter points downward with cable leaving the bottom ? 

Or upwards, with the cable leaving the top. 🤣

It depends where you've got it clipped. If it's to your pocket, then it's likely upwards. Belts and straps could be either way, depending on how you want to position it.

I have it lower down on my strap, just about kidney height, so I can feel around and turn it on and off. My arm mobility not so good to reach over my shoulder to get to it if it was further up the strap. You'll find out what works for you though I guess, all personal preference.

I had my first show last night with my new Shure GLXD16+. I had the transmitter just clipped to my back pocket as my levy’s pouch hadn’t arrived in time. I must say that the Shure is absolutely worth the money, the unit is absolutely solid with 0 issues for me last night, the tuner is brilliant and easy to see on stage. Would recommend the unit to everyone. We did a 45 minute set and the battery is still displaying as full, the battery has around 12-14 hours life apparently so I won’t really need to charge it again for quite a while! The unit syncs itself instantly so no waiting around awkwardly for it to sync. No noticeable delay/latency whatsoever. Amazing unit, If you’re on the fence, buy one! 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, maidens97 said:

I had my first show last night with my new Shure GLXD16+. I had the transmitter just clipped to my back pocket as my levy’s pouch hadn’t arrived in time. I must say that the Shure is absolutely worth the money, the unit is absolutely solid with 0 issues for me last night, the tuner is brilliant and easy to see on stage. Would recommend the unit to everyone. We did a 45 minute set and the battery is still displaying as full, the battery has around 12-14 hours life apparently so I won’t really need to charge it again for quite a while! The unit syncs itself instantly so no waiting around awkwardly for it to sync. No noticeable delay/latency whatsoever. Amazing unit, If you’re on the fence, buy one! 

Absolutely 100% correct. It's just the best one out there imo, not the cheapest, but the best. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, walshy said:

Absolutely 100% correct. It's just the best one out there imo, not the cheapest, but the best. 

Definitely, is sometimes better to front the money and get the best otherwise you’ll fall into the buy cheap, buy twice (or more) false economy 

• Like 2