Why become a member? ×

Greetings from the Highlands

Bassman1974

Hi,

New dude here from Thurso in the Highlands. Playing around 5 years now. Just turned 49 years old. I'm well late to the party !

Gear:

2006 Fender Precision MIA 

2008 Fender Jazz Standard MIA 

1964 Hofner 500/1 - Bit of a case queen this one nowadays

2016 Hofner 500/1 Ignition

Le Marquis N.Y Jazz - Year unknown

Peavey Zephyr - For sale

Owned a Ric 4001 for a few years, but ultimately fell out of love with it as my playing changed. That one went a few weeks ago.

I'm in 3 bands, but in all honestly, I'm not a huge fan of playing in front of people. Maybe it's a confidence thing, or it's because I'm a massive introvert. That said, I do greatly enjoy playing 🙂

Cheers

Edited by Bassman1974
Incorrect wording
  • Like 4

Hi, fellow older beginner here.  I "played bass" - read "owned a bass" when I was in my late teens and then for some reason decided that guitar was cooler, so I did that instead until last year, when I bought another bass and I've not looked back.  BC has been very good to me so far and the natives are very welcoming.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 30/04/2023 at 07:09, Richard R said:

Welcome aboard!

:crigon_04:

Thurso is a lovely place. Just a shame most of us a do far away from there. Though of course, if we all did live closer then it would spoil the area completely!

That's to do with the expansion of the Universe...years ago, when you were a mere lad, we would have lived closer together. Hopefully somebody here will be able to tell us by how much. 😉😉

On 20/04/2023 at 15:54, Bassman1974 said:

Hi,

New dude here from Thurso in the Highlands. Playing around 5 years now. Just turned 49 years old. I'm well late to the party !

Gear:

2006 Fender Precision MIA 

2008 Fender Jazz Standard MIA 

1964 Hofner 500/1 - Bit of a case queen this one nowadays

2016 Hofner 500/1 Ignition

Le Marquis N.Y Jazz - Year unknown

Peavey Zephyr - For sale

Owned a Ric 4001 for a few years, but ultimately fell out of love with it as my playing changed. That one went a few weeks ago.

I'm in 3 bands, but in all honestly, I'm not a huge fan of playing in front of people. Maybe it's a confidence thing, or it's because I'm a massive introvert. That said, I do greatly enjoy playing 🙂

Cheers

No, you’re but a stripling 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...