Why become a member? ×

The One You Let Go and Would Most Like Back

snorkie635

An additional one for me would be my very first bass, a Yamaha BB300 in poop brown. A heavy weight beast, that would rule it out for my current requirements, but it’d be nice just for nostalgia’s sake.

19 minutes ago, snorkie635 said:

There's an Overwater 7 on the for sale section which is an exceptional bass. Worth a look?

A fab bass no doubt, but it wasn't even the 7 strings - it was the neck contour, "bubbly" sound and Conklin magic....

26 minutes ago, ezbass said:

An additional one for me would be my very first bass, a Yamaha BB300 in poop brown. A heavy weight beast, that would rule it out for my current requirements, but it’d be nice just for nostalgia’s sake.

Love it

image.png.c9099a4a8119fda70bb8db9722b741b9.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MacDaddy said:

Haven't got a pic, but I'd be interested in tracking down my old 6 string Shuker. Sold it many years ago on a previous incarnation of Basschat, but can't remember to whom.

Try starting a 'Shuker 6' thread and see what surfaces? Good luck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dclaassen said:

True, but I’ll bet you never had to help move one up stairs to a gig…..

I never took the C3 anywhere until I sold it. Those things are nuts! I bought a smaller Hammond for gigs, a 1967 M102 that was split for transport but even that became too much. 

I still play air Hammond sometimes, my back doesn’t mind that so much 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, lownote said:

Peavey Grind 5.  Should never have sold it. Ditto my last of several Hohner B Bass Pro VIs.

I shouldn't have sold my Hohner B either, light, great neck and easy to play. 

I had two other basses and three felt excessive back then - went to a young lad learning, I hope he enjoyed it.

Would have been awesome for my daughter in a few years.

049A8E2C-4091-4C40-A375-C44B5F92A636.thumb.jpeg.6945674336d492ccf324591d79a012b8.jpeg1286B7AF-4A87-40F8-AFF6-EA32FFD8F74D.thumb.jpeg.3831be0f6c8208dfc83f39fe9db6e862.jpegE9B82B77-0837-42B0-A073-A07B9C9C33E4.jpeg.d44e23ec66ad03fd9216d60acf57df75.jpeg

I stupidly sold this bass when I was 18 though. Last known owner is/was a studio in Suffolk, But I don't know which and I have no way of finding out. This one was an absolute peach and I made a big moral mistake selling it. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, redbandit599 said:

I shouldn't have sold my Hohner B either, light, great neck and easy to play. 

I had two other basses and three felt excessive back then - went to a young lad learning, I hope he enjoyed it.

Would have been awesome for my daughter in a few years.

Good for you. At least it was hopefully useful to the youngun?

• Like 1