Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2023

scrumpymike

On 27/09/2023 at 20:25, scrumpymike said:

THIS YEAR'S AMP SHOOT-OUT!!

So... let's have a good selection of your amp heads - I'll be bringing an Ampeg SVT-7 PRO, Mesa Subway D800 Plus, and Ashdown RM800 EVO.

I'll be bringing my Genz-Benz Shuttle 9.2, it should fit the bill quite nicely?

On 27/09/2023 at 20:25, scrumpymike said:

Last but not least, we need a volunteer or 3 willing and able to play a few short demo lines in different genres.

I have never had stage fright of any sort in 40 years of gigging, but that would make me nervous. I'd have a go as long as I wasn't the only one? I could perhaps throw in a few fingerstyle and pick bits from the previous night's ska set as it'd be fresh in my mind :lol: but my slap chops ain't what they used to be. 

Edited by Rich
  • Like 2

On 30/09/2023 at 18:09, verb said:

I'd like to bring more basses than I have stands for, does anyone have a stand or two I could borrow on the day?

I've got one, I'll chuck it in the car. It's a battered old twin stand with only one U swivel thingy, but the other half of it works fine. 

• Thanks 2

Gonna try n get down for this - never been to a bash before - can bring some  amp heads 

Markbass Slim Head - the old analogue one just before class D came out 

Genz-Benz shuttle 9.2 

Hartke LX8500 - kinda like a shuttle , bought 2nd hand as a backup 

Im very interested in seeing the Basschat diy cabs 

also in getting the frequency response measured on these amps  

Will pay the door - unless you still need it in advance 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, choob.squeemer said:

Gonna try n get down for this - never been to a bash before - can bring some  amp heads 

Markbass Slim Head - the old analogue one just before class D came out 

Genz-Benz shuttle 9.2 

Hartke LX8500 - kinda like a shuttle , bought 2nd hand as a backup 

Im very interested in seeing the Basschat diy cabs 

also in getting the frequency response measured on these amps  

Will pay the door - unless you still need it in advance 

Hope you can make it. No problem paying on the door.

On 14/04/2023 at 21:18, Thor said:

So I’ve got the following kit, if any one is interested I’m happy to bring some/any of it along:

Sadowsky Will Lee 4

Sadowsky UV70

Oly white ’69 Jazz

Xotic Chuck Rainey XP4

Lakland Duck Dunn

Marshall VBA400

Aguilar DB750

MarkBass F1

Trace Elliot RAH600SMX - SOLD

Mesa Boogie TT800

Orange AD200B

Barefaced Big Twin 2

Aguilar GS412

Pete😊

Any preference as to what I should bring along from the list?  I won’t bring the 412 cab as my van is currently poorly in the garage so will have to shoe horn kit into the car.

I’ll bring something along for the raffle - worst case a bottle.

Well, that's me given all my basses a dicht (wipe) - they're all now somewhere between concourse condition and "you won't catch ebola off it"...

Also, I have a small contribution to the raffle...

bassbashpedals.thumb.jpg.87431822d5498a0c2e7c6888e33021f8.jpg

An EHX Bass Soul Food overdrive pedal and a FuzzDog Fat Furry Freak fuzz pedal (assembled from their kit by yours truly).  Just had a quick test of them and they both seem to be in working order.  Don't mind if you raffle them separately or as a job lot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 03/10/2023 at 20:20, neepheid said:

bassbashpedals.thumb.jpg.87431822d5498a0c2e7c6888e33021f8.jpg

An EHX Bass Soul Food overdrive pedal and a FuzzDog Fat Furry Freak fuzz pedal (assembled from their kit by yours truly).  Just had a quick test of them and they both seem to be in working order.  Don't mind if you raffle them separately or as a job lot.

The Fuzzdog Fat Furry Freak is an excellent Woolly Mammoth clone, I've got one on my board and it's superb. Definitely raffle these two separately. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andyjr1515 said:

I've already pm'd @scrumpymike with my apols but MrsAndyjr1515 went down with Covid a couple of days ago and, even though I am still testing negative, it would probably be the decent thing to do (certainly, according to MrsAndyjr1515) to go down with it too.

Have a great, great bash!!

Sorry to hear that @Andyjr1515 - was looking forward to meeting you. Hope you don't succumb and that MrsAndy is feeling better soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Andyjr1515 said:

I've already pm'd @scrumpymike with my apols but MrsAndyjr1515 went down with Covid a couple of days ago and, even though I am still testing negative, it would probably be the decent thing to do (certainly, according to MrsAndyjr1515) to go down with it too.

Have a great, great bash!!

What a fine, upstanding fellow you are. Best wishes to MrsAndyjr1515. There is COVID on both sides of our family, so be careful out there and if possible take a test before stepping onto your private jet or helicopter.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

Are we still doing an amp shootout? If so, do we know what we have to shoot out wtih?

I have:

ABM600 Evo IV

TC450

BAM200

Bugera BV1001M

happy to bring any / all

Think I might bring a Boss WAZA Air bass if anyone wants to hear what they are like

I think there will be a few Bugeras there, so give your arms a rest.

• Like 1

On 03/10/2023 at 10:09, scrumpymike said:

REMINDER!!  Last but not least, it's the usual shout-out for extension reels. Just chuck whatever you've got in the car - better too many than not enough!

I will Still be packed from tonight's gig so will have gazillions, well three or four anyway.

45 minutes ago, snorkie635 said:

Have a fine time folks. Would like to have been there, but go woozy when as far south as Lincoln. 🫨

Wow, good job they cancelled HS2. However, that was to keep the Pict,s Scots and various northerners out. Now building Sunak's wall at Watford Gap.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chienmortbb said:

Wow, good job they cancelled HS2. However, that was to keep the Pict,s Scots and various northerners out. Now building Sunak's wall at Watford Gap.

I'm invading anyway.  You'll have to try harder than that to keep me out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

Bad luck, the barbarians are already through the gates! This 'various northerner' has been hiding in Somerset for 12 years now 😊

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, neepheid said:

I'm invading anyway.  You'll have to try harder than that to keep me out.

...never mind the rapidly disappearing HS2 - the Romans are still searching for their 9th Legion, MIA (Missing in Aberdeen!)

• Haha 1