Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2023

scrumpymike

3 hours ago, neepheid said:

A good guess but not right!  I should clarify my first clue to say that it's not currently available in any finish.

Clue 2: It's made from a famous, but infrequently used wood.

It's a Fender Tony Goggle Signature WTF Bass made from palletwood with a flamed balsa top.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MichaelDean said:

I forgot the well known but not often used wood clue. A Korina Explorer or Flying V?

We have a winner!  It's an Epiphone Korina Explorer bass.  Congratulations - you win... a shottie of it at the bash!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As well as my Sadowsky HPJ I shall also be bringing the Sterling by Musicman SB14 which I picked up from the Guitar Doctor in Penzance on Monday following its conversion to fretless. Should also have a BF One10, amp and modified Aclam pedalboard.

• Like 1

Unbelievably (for me and Mrs. Scrumpy at least) this year's Sunday 8th October Bash is just over a month away, so it's time to get focussed.

We're keeping the price at £13 and, as last year, we need at least 25 advance attendance fees to guarantee we can cover the event financially. If you're coming, please confirm/re-confirm without delay. As soon as I know we've got a few more than 25, I'll ask you all for payment in advance .

Any monies over and above 25 x £13 will go towards next year's event - most importantly, the 2024 hall booking fee, which we have to pay in advance.

So you know what you'll be getting for your money, here's this year's menu. Let us know if you have any particular dietary requirements that aren't covered and we'll do our best to cater for you.

OVER TO YOU!!

Mrs Scrumpys menu Oct 23.docx

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

OK, so that's 2 confirmations in as many minutes. Should be done and dusted within the next half-hour 🙂

hi Mike

please count me in - i will pay anyway, even if care duties conflict at the last moment

many thanks for all the prep and arrangements by you and Mrs Scrumpy

s.

• Like 1

I would note however that the penguin has appeared on the menu in previous years, but each time the food on the day has been noticeably devoid of any trace of said aquatic bird. Can we finally expect penguin sandwiches to be available this year?

16 minutes ago, Rich said:

I would note however that the penguin has appeared on the menu in previous years, but each time the food on the day has been noticeably devoid of any trace of said aquatic bird. Can we finally expect penguin sandwiches to be available this year?

Maybe the chocolate biscuits...

• Haha 2