Why become a member? ×

5 string single cut build - finished!

benh

2 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

I love the way you have The Tofu Cookbook on the same shelf as The Encyclopedia of Witchcraft and Demonology.

That's a nice finish.  I liked it in blue too.

Blame the wife!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, tauzero said:

For the books, or for changing it from blue?

It's nice in green, I thought the blue was more striking though.

The books - the green was my idea. The blue definitely looked better in pictures, but was a bit garish in the flesh. May well revisit the blue on another build though!

I also noticed your wifes choice of reading matter.

I did like both the blue and the green but loved the gold & brown sample piece the most. It seemed to bring out that grain the best to my eyes. 

Lovely bass 😃

• Thanks 1

• benh changed the title to 5 string single cut build - finished!
  • 3 months later...

Bit hard pressed for cash at the moment so thinking of selling this, unfortunately. I don't feel it's a good enough standard really, would I be better off stripping and selling the parts (pickups etc?) Thoughts welcomed.

2 hours ago, benh said:

I don't feel it's a good enough standard really, would I be better off stripping and selling the parts (pickups etc?) Thoughts welcomed.

I totaly agree. It's a shoddy attempt at slapping random bits together. You should be ashamed! As a fellow Yorkshireman I will take one for the team and forward my address so you can send it to me and I will deal with it appropriately.....

.....and back to reality....that's a really nice looking bass! The body reminds me of a W&T I had. What makes you think its "not good enough standard"? If it was mine I would try selling as-is first before stripping it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's a quote here from Andy:

On 07/05/2023 at 17:49, Andyjr1515 said:

Splendid.  Beautiful job :)

So why on earth would you think it's not good enough to sell as is?

Of course the market is very slack and you may find parts easier to sell and get the same total value, but it would be a shame.

• Like 3

I think it's a stunning guitar. 

I think having high standards is great, and it's a credit to you that you want to work to those levels. However don't pull yourself down on that work of art though.  I have no idea what the costs of the parts are, but stribgly suspect that the hours you have put into it easily exceed those costs.

I'd put it up for sale and see if you can get more for the guitar than the cost of parts. If you have a figure in mind PM me (I make no promises). I can't play a five string, never tried, can't really play a four string either, if I'm being honest but it would such a shame for something like that to get broken up for basically scrap value.

All the best

Rob

• Like 5