Why become a member? ×

Purple Chili Phat Bass 750 + matching 2x12 cab. - *SOLD*
£600
Surrey, M25, junction 9

Bass Punk

If your looking at this I guess you know what you’re looking at.

This boutique rig looks and sounds beautiful. 
This lightweight rig is in top condition 

Cab is 600w, 8ohms.

comes with covers.

Pick up only. Surrey, M25, jct 9
Any questions please feel free to contact me.

6B6F7B4A-90A9-42EB-B429-E038BAA75ED1.jpeg

FF428218-038D-4F89-BE0B-45F1CE8A309C.jpeg

25A303B7-65B4-4266-A8AC-74295B44CEBC.jpeg

D038C012-FFD5-48DA-8552-27722DBE294C.jpeg

Edited by Bass Punk
  • Like 12

Just now, Merton said:

Oh you evil man 😃

I think I’ve seen you playing through this at Pippfest a few years ago? It sounded amazing.

1 minute ago, Merton said:

Oh you evil man 😃

I think I’ve seen you playing through this at Pippfest a few years ago? It sounded amazing.

You did, and it does. I’m changing my set up so it’s gathering dust, I’ll probably regret it but it’s not being used at the mo.

• Like 1

Looks stunning. I’d love to hear one of these! 
I’ve been IEMs only since my previous amp & cab were stolen, but have wanted to at least have the option of amp and cab. 
I’m aware that Mike made these (I’ve owned a Zoot before, got one on the way and my other bass is in for some serious TLC - so I’ve got no doubts about the quality), but how would you describe them sound wise please?  

9 hours ago, Bass Punk said:

If your looking at this I guess you know what you’re looking at.

This boutique rig looks and sounds beautiful. 
This lightweight rig is in top condition 

Cab is 600w, 8ohms.

comes with covers.

Pick up only. Surrey, M25, jct 9
Any questions please feel free to contact me.

6B6F7B4A-90A9-42EB-B429-E038BAA75ED1.jpeg

FF428218-038D-4F89-BE0B-45F1CE8A309C.jpeg

25A303B7-65B4-4266-A8AC-74295B44CEBC.jpeg

D038C012-FFD5-48DA-8552-27722DBE294C.jpeg

Do you know what speakers are in the cabs please? Cheers.

10 hours ago, HenryH said:

Looks stunning. I’d love to hear one of these! 
I’ve been IEMs only since my previous amp & cab were stolen, but have wanted to at least have the option of amp and cab. 
I’m aware that Mike made these (I’ve owned a Zoot before, got one on the way and my other bass is in for some serious TLC - so I’ve got no doubts about the quality), but how would you describe them sound wise please?  

Hi 

To my ear they have a very tight articulate sound. With the gain pushed, a very usable slightly overdriven sound.  All good but just not my go to at the moment. I played through the rig yesterday and nearly took the ad down! Another purchase beckons.

Gaz

• Like 1

On 24/02/2023 at 10:17, Bass Punk said:

I'm reliable informed that there Celestion Bn12 300s. Neo. Hope this helps.

Gaz

Faitalpro,   Celestion's were only used in the original "Zoot" branded cabs.  If this cab has Celestions in it, the original drivers may have been swapped out.

11 minutes ago, Cosmicrain said:

Faitalpro,   Celestion's were only used in the original "Zoot" branded cabs.  If this cab has Celestions in it, the original drivers may have been swapped out.

CORRECTION.  This was one of a matching pair of cabs made for Chris Chitticks,  The serial No. for the other cab would have been CC002.  Therefore, this cab may have well been fitted with Celestions by Chris, as I do remember we had some NOS Celestion Neo drivers in stock at the time I made these cabs for Chris and I offered them to him for these cabs at a reduced price to clear them off stock.  Other than that, all other Purple-chili branded cabs would have been fitted with FailtalPro drivers.  Here's a picture of the two together the day I finished making them.   Sorry for the confusion, but it was about 2004 I made these cabs.

V24 600w 2x12 cabs.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Bass Punk changed the title to Purple Chili Phat Bass 750 + matching 2x12 cab. SOLD