Why become a member? ×

90’s Trace Elliot AH600SMX
£500
Bedfordshire

GaryDay

90s Trace Elliot 600 watt bi-amp bass head with 12AX7 tube pre-amp + 2 2x10 and 2 2x12 home made speakers.

Good condition. 

The speakers:

the Drivers: CELESTION SIDEWINDERS 12" & 10" - 8 ohms each

The Cabinets: 2 drivers wired in series = 16 ohms (2x cabinets externally connected together in parallel = 8 ohms)(which means each side of the TE stereo can take a 3rd cab of 8 ohms: min for amp per side = 4ohms)

(series:parallel is a common way for wiring up a 4x12 cab)

Cabinets self-designed and self-built in collaboration with CELESTION technical department, approving the dimensions and giving me the Thiele port specifications/dimensions. I think I can still find their letter..

Wood used is high-grade 18mm Superwood (MDF??) glued and screwed 

collection only.

6FA3DB78-2318-4700-9A09-D6A7025BB1C1.jpeg

9A1EBB13-6905-4938-8855-C7124F7BC581.jpeg

A4057E7D-E38E-4ADE-A4A5-A22ADB526E31.jpeg

5F4F5516-179E-4B89-A981-90757C6A4DB3.jpeg

5BC06B31-6A4D-4823-AA7B-DC82A9BC00B9.jpeg

D395B104-F806-4DDD-80AC-1D97BBEEE4CF.jpeg

Edited by GaryDay
  • Like 12

17 minutes ago, Sparky Mark said:

Do you know/remember what manufacturer and model of speakers are in the cabs please?

Sorry I don’t but I do remember the guy I bought it from telling me they are good quality, if you want to try it we can open it up.

Edited by GaryDay

1 hour ago, GaryDay said:

Sorry I don’t but I do remember the guy I bought it from telling me they are good quality, if you want to try it we can open it up.

Please don't go to any extra trouble on my behalf but knowing what speakers are inside could make a big difference to how attractive the cabs are to buyers. The cabs are likely worth between £50 to £100 each, maybe more depending on the drivers. You may also find buyers for individual cabs meaning the Trace Elliot head can be even more of a bargain. 

Pictures of the side and back of the cabs would be useful too. Do the cabs have carry handles on them for example?

Edited by Sparky Mark
  • Like 2

Thanks for the information sheet (valuable in itself!  I've never seen such).

I have the Trace 280W 'SMX Bass Pre-amp' model 4001 (really pre+power) but have a hankering for twice the watts - I do want a Trace in my equipment as I'm not a huge supporter of class D (although I also own a TH500). An AH600SMX fits both those bills - but 25kg not great for my ageing back...I'll give it some thought, perhaps I'm overcome with nostalgia...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DaleASmith said:

🤣 25KG.. Brilliant..

It's no SVT.

It will have a really solid carry handle both sides. No sudden moves and your back should be fine. No car boots unless you are strong enough to one hand it onto the lip without twisting and buckling. You don't want to be leaning in to pick up with both hands.

You could just as easily tweak yourself with a 14kg 250 not being careful. Keep shoulder blades together always.

1 minute ago, Undertone said:

Come to think of it - is it bridgeable?

Not as it sits. Potentially it could be if you had a whizz kid tech but you would lose being able to drive 2 ohm worth of cabs and have to series parallel them instead so there wouldn't be any extra power on tap. No point to 1200w into 8 ohm either.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...