Why become a member? ×

That basschat.co.uk rotasound advert.

bass_dinger

On 20/01/2023 at 11:24, Huge Hands said:

I know this is probably done to showcase her skills and probably not what she would normally play, but if I was in a band and the bass was played like that over the song I think I would soon be asking them politely to find another band.

And that is coming from someone who likes busy/creative bass players.  Maybe it is just me.  Each to their own of course and not knocking you for liking it yourself.

I suspect she didn’t post the vid to try and get a gig with a function band.

Edited by wateroftyne
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, ezbass said:

Here's the list of players from the Rotosound website. https://www.rotosound.com/players/ Unfortunately, not all the players have photos.

That'd be Michael League. He's not in the above list and I don't think that's a bass the guy is holding, looks more like a nylon strung acoustic to me, but there is certainly a resemblance to ML.

Ah ok cool and yep, you are right, definitely not a bass 🙂

On 20/01/2023 at 11:24, Huge Hands said:

This is done to showcase her skills and not the kind of music she would normally play.

There fixed it for you 😄

Do you like Victor Wooten, Marcus miller, any other solo bass player? 
That’s what she is, predominantly Jazz. 😄

On 21/01/2023 at 17:41, Bunion said:

There fixed it for you 😄

Do you like Victor Wooten, Marcus miller, any other solo bass player? 
That’s what she is, predominantly Jazz. 😄

I don't know why you felt the need to fix something that was already saying that?

I was not trying to hate on her, and I'm sure she can play the bass 1000% better than me!  There was just something in the feel of her playing in that video that didn't "feel" right to me.  Maybe if I was a better musician myself I could explain it more.  Some of the runs felt to rushed to me.  I'm sure someone will now take huge offence at my microscopically unimportant opinion and create some sort of video with timings and quantising lines, but that is what I felt, and I am allowed to like or dislike something surely?. 

I did also take the opportunity to search her on Google and found other clips.  Others were much better but not my cup of tea,   However, ultimately, I am sure she is amazing, and I was just trying to make a cr*p joke about her overplaying on a pop song if in a covers or function band.  I guess I should have used emojis!

I must admit I have tried to get into Jaco and Victor Wooten before but the soloing videos didn't float my boat.  Having said that, they are undoubtedly talented people and I have seen videos of them playing with a band and amazing.  My kind of players are Thaddeus Tribbet (a big fan of Jaco I believe), Jamerson, Pino, etc, so I do like a fair bit of soulful jazzy stuff!  

EDIT - Apologies for derailing the OP's thread....

Edited by Huge Hands
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Huge Hands said:

EDIT - Apologies for derailing the OP's thread....

Not at all - I am enjoying it hugely!

And, if I get a bonus point for every Like and Reply, at this rate, I will be a Bass Chat High Master and General Big Cheese on this forum, in spite of not even knowing the difference between a good-looking model and a bassist.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Does anybody still use Rotosound strings? I used to really like them, in fact I have a packet of Rotsound RS 66 LB Swing bass 35 55 70 90 Stainless steel sat on my desk in front of me.

Bought them ages ago before I moved home and just found them the other day while looking for something else.

Anyone want them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bass_dinger said:

Not at all - I am enjoying it hugely!

And, if I get a bonus point for every Like and Reply, at this rate, I will be a Bass Chat High Master and General Big Cheese on this forum, in spite of not even knowing the difference between a good-looking model and a bassist.  

I thought all the good looking models were screamers er! I mean singers or Guitarists🤣

2 hours ago, Ralf1e said:

Anyone want them?

I think that is clear that, if you are an attractive yet unrecognisable bassist, Rotosound requires that you share a photo of you gazing longingly at the product, while wearing false vampire teeth and playing a bassline that would fail the audition for a function band. 

Only then can your tout your wares on this thread.  

Just now, bass_dinger said:

I think that is clear that, if you are an attractive yet unrecognisable bassist, Rotosound requires that you share a photo of you gazing longingly at the product, while wearing false vampire teeth and playing a bassline that would fail the audition for a function band. 

Only then can your tout your wares on this thread.  

I don't call offering something for free "touting my wares".🤣

2 hours ago, fergs40 said:

Tru Bass 88s - if they’re what you’re after they’re very good at it

Mine have lasted more than a couple of decades. No, there's no 'zing'; I never wanted 'zing'; it's 'bass' I want. -_-

Edited by Dad3353
  • Like 1