Why become a member? ×

How do i find the Value?! Fender 68P

markbass555

Look on Vintage Guitar Shop stock lists, but you will see the retail value. The one below  says 'sold out' but if you go on the 'finance options' you can see it was up for £4850 which seems cheap?

https://www.andybaxterbass.com/collections/fender-precision-bass/products/1968-fender-precision-bass-sunburst

Firstly, sorry for your loss. 

The bass should be appraised by a professional, who could sell it on commission for you. Alternatively, you can pay for a professional assessment and sell it privately.

Remember that dealers have sizeable overheads to pay (including premises, operating costs and a salary) and you'll likely get less in a private sale than if you were selling in a shop (not that it stops some people). 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear your very sad news.

Depending on where you are in the UK, Bass Gallery Camden, Andy Baxter Leeds, ATB guitars Cheltenham would all be worth a visit. The value depends heavily on whether any changes or modifications have been made and that’s not reliably done by only sending photos. £5k ish if it’s original in good order is the ballpark, if it is in the standard sunburst finish. More if it is a different colour.

• Like 1

I recently turned down a £2k offer im a '69 precision, completely original aside from the strings and a fair bit of patina.

Yours is unlikely to be in worse condition than mine and has the original case, so id say perhaps 3 or more gees.

Edited by Bassfinger
  • Like 1

It looks like a stripped finish, partly because of the wood combinations used for the body (not perfect matches), plus they didn’t (to my knowledge) offer natural finishes in 1968.

So you’re obviously looking at less than a fully original example, but still a nice looking bass.

Si