Why become a member? ×

Keep or Change Cabs

BassAdder60

Hey folks 

I own the Ampeg SVT212AV cab and 

two Ashdown ABM210H cabs 

Both setups are good 

I use my CTM100 head with the two ABM cabs and the Ampeg I use at rehearsals as a single cab 

So what can I change to give me less cabs ( storage reasons ) but more speakers and still sensible carry weight etc ? 

Must be suitable for my CTM head to sit upon and sound good of course !! 

Ideas ?? 

On 29/11/2022 at 19:29, MichaelDean said:

Could see if a Barefaced 410 or 610 does what you need? The 410 seems to be a bit lighter than one of the Ashdown cabs on its own. 

Yep I was tempted to buy the BF410 that was recently up for sale on here but I was too late ! 

• Like 1

Sell the ampeg, then use the ashdowns.

Then get bored off the ashdowns then buy another ampeg.

Then get bored of the ampeg, and re buy the ashdown...... and repeat... :)

the amount of times I've had an ashdown rig, sold it, bought it back, sold it, bought another, sold it.....

I think I've had 4 ABM 600s already, and it still doesnt compute that I like them better than what I replace them with....

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, la bam said:

Sell the ampeg, then use the ashdowns.

Then get bored off the ashdowns then buy another ampeg.

Then get bored of the ampeg, and re buy the ashdown...... and repeat... :)

the amount of times I've had an ashdown rig, sold it, bought it back, sold it, bought another, sold it.....

I think I've had 4 ABM 600s already, and it still doesnt compute that I like them better than what I replace them with....

This is so true !! 

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

4 ohm GR Bass AT212. Light as most 2x10, loud as a 4x10, great sound, no shortage of volume, just turn down if required.

There'd be some overhang with the CTM 100 though. Don't know how @BassAdder60feels about that! I do love a good 212 though. Zilla might make a slightly wider one for you as a custom order. I adore my Bass Fatboy. Plus it's around 25kg.

19 minutes ago, MichaelDean said:

There'd be some overhang with the CTM 100 though. Don't know how @BassAdder60feels about that! I do love a good 212 though. Zilla might make a slightly wider one for you as a custom order. I adore my Bass Fatboy. Plus it's around 25kg.

Yep I’m not keen on amp over hang !!

I’ve used Zilla guitar cabs but never considered them for bass cabs too

This:

The solution to all your cab needs - compact, light and powerful (450w) - the "w" stands for "wedge". Sits nicely on top of your existing cabs and TBH a ridiculously low price for this cab.

Edited by TheGreek
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, TheGreek said:

This:

The solution to all your cab needs - compact, light and powerful (450w) - the "w" stands for "wedge". Sits nicely on top of your existing cabs and TBH a ridiculously low price for this cab.

Can’t see my CTM100 sitting on top of that !! Not for me sorry !

4 hours ago, jonno1981 said:

2x12 shifts a lot of air. I’d sell everything and get a new, modern 2x12 that’s lightweight, louder & better than the ampeg and you can use for everything. 

The SVT212AV is a decent cab on its own albeit a bit heavy. 
The important point is it’s wide enough for the head too and a decent height for a single cab

Edited by BassAdder60