Why become a member? ×

Things that manufacturers have done....

bass_dinger

Following on from the thread "Things I'd like manufacturers to do...", I just now remembered a success story.

I visited Hobgoblin's London store, in search of an acoustic bass.   I specifically wanted a 5 string, in their Ashbury range, but they did not make them. 

So, I emailed the Head office asking if they had any plans to do so.  No, they had not thought of it, but they were due to visit the Musikmesse Frankfurt that coming Easter,  and would ask if their suppliers could make that model. 

By October of that year, I got an email from head office.  They had made a run of five prototype 5 string basses, and one was at their London store, and would I like to pop along to try it out.

I went along, liked it, and bought it. 

So, companies do listen, and respond.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

there was a FB thread on the Vintage guitars and basses site, about what new models would we like to see. I asked for a Sting type P bass, reliced etc. I got a T shirt and gig bag for my idea but sadly, they havent made one yet. I would have bought one for my Police tribute, so that I didnt have to take my Bravewood out all the time

Ashdown 

I got in contact with them to repair my Trace Elliot when my local tech guy couldn't get the required parts.

Not only did they do the job for the price of parts, they paid for the courier. 

You can now send them your Trace Elliot Amps for repair as a normal service. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Ashdown 

I got in contact with them to repair my Trace Elliot when my local tech guy couldn't get the required parts.

interesting. do they have a deal with Peavey?

I was going to post in the other thread "Things I'd like manufacturers to do..." asking MarkBass to stop designing amp facias that look like they have been designed by Fisher Price but it seems that the current range of amps are more classic and subtle looking so well done MarkBass.

11 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

Made it smaller.

Made it lighter.

Made it louder.

No mean feat that now you could skateboard to your gig with more firepower than an Ampeg fridge rig.

This. I've got 1.2 horsepower thundering behind me on stage, yet my back still loves me.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Ashdown 

I wish I'd known about this when I had my Trace amp. They could have fixed it and sorted the cooling issues. 

Putting the cooling fan intake right next to the hot air exhaust wasn't a great engineering decision. 

On 22/11/2022 at 19:56, mario_buoninfante said:

NS Design using supercapacitors instead of batteries on some of their basses.
They charge in few secs and last for 16h!

https://thinkns.com/instrument/the-ns-design-radius-bass-guitar/ns-design-radius-bass-guitar-nxta/

Just don't go doing a bit of DIY wiring unless you are absolutely positive they are fully discharged. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Owen said:

Jim Bergantino was discussing updating features on the B|amp on TB. I suggested that the 3 memory slots included the FX loop. He did it.

I am available for R+D work. 

Perfect! "So I spoke to the designer/company owner /design team,  and suggested that they do XYZ, and they did".