Why become a member? ×

Nice new Warwick Streamettes are in at Andertons now

Mudpup

1 hour ago, jonno1981 said:

They sound great! Can’t see them shifting at that price though. Look out for them in the next Black Friday sale. 

The 4 string is in this Black Friday sale! https://www.andertons.co.uk/bass-dept/bass-guitars/modern-bass-guitars/warwick-gps-streamette-4-string-bass-limited-edition-2022

5 string still $3.5k, like the top on this one:

538444-WARLT522+%20GPS%20H%20010447-22%2

Edited by lemmywinks

On 20/11/2022 at 19:38, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

I still wonder about the inspiration for the upper horn. Once it has been pointed out you can't unsee it.

Perhaps I'm too smutty but I can't understand why everyone doesn't notice that and think it'd be a bit embarrasing to be seen on a stage with. Along with Gus and some of the Spectors. I mean, it might be practicle but it isn't subtle!

image.png.14b88032e4c62e96fd8eb772808108a3.png

image.png.bb97e096c8b31651131e5b8f6b8165a6.png

....and MM Bongo's look like toilet seats.

13 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

The 4 string is in this Black Friday sale! https://www.andertons.co.uk/bass-dept/bass-guitars/modern-bass-guitars/warwick-gps-streamette-4-string-bass-limited-edition-2022

5 string still $3.5k, like the top on this one:

538444-WARLT522+%20GPS%20H%20010447-22%2

It's hardly a discount is it 🤣 

That 5.9% or whatever isn't really the sweetener that will convince many to jump.

2 hours ago, Woodwind said:

It's hardly a discount is it 🤣 

That 5.9% or whatever isn't really the sweetener that will convince many to jump.

Well I never said it was a good deal! If I wanted a Corvette again (and I think I might, loved my old one) I'd just get a used German one for around £500. Warwick pricing is weird but they do seem to sell basses and have distinctive designs.

3 hours ago, SumOne said:

image.png.bb97e096c8b31651131e5b8f6b8165a6.png

Lower horn looks like a marital aid, upper horn looks like it's about to be twisted into a balloon animal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, SumOne said:

Perhaps I'm too smutty but I can't understand why everyone doesn't notice that and think it'd be a bit embarrasing to be seen on a stage with.

I seem to have found myself, through no great scheme, with three Corvettes.

I agree that the top horn is a bit damn strange, my band called my Dingwall 'The Purple Dildo' so you can imagine the mirth when the Corvette arrived! 😁 To be fair though, great basses and my (secondhand) German 5 string has subsequently been dubbed 'Really cool' by the drummer...high praise indeed. They don't look so 'Anne Summers' once they are 'strapped on'....ooer....😘

Edited by redbandit599
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

some of the comments on here about the price are a little strange and a bit unfair - I think the price may be a tad high but look at the build quality of these and then consider what you pay for a Fender Custom Shop guitar or Bass nowadays. You get what you pay for in my experience. Agree that the Andertons demo was stinky poo - especially the 4 string. And not knowing what you are demo'ing is pretty bad. Better to look at Warwicks own offering on you tube.

Edited by Wellsyboy
  • Like 1

Nothing to add as far as goes for the bass, but it's funny how you can really tell Cici listened to a lot of Tool and Justin Chancellor in her bass playing (even despite that fact that she doesn't use a pick).

That was my first thought, and then got it confirmed by the thumbnail after the video ended of that video with their respective favorite bass lines where is shows the Tool Lateralus cover edited in at her side.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

On 26/03/2023 at 11:06, Lw. said:

Are these old models now? I'm sure I saw an add the other day for a different new ltd edition model from them - I think it was a corvette $$ with a different top?

They were last year's limited edition, as they do every year, and they were only around as long as the very limited supply lasted.

The 2023 model appears to be a Corvette $$ with an ebony fingerboard instead of wenge, a custom 12th fret inlay and what looks like a Macassar ebony top. Which isn't exactly spectacular, they've done several versions of the Corvette $$ already with various top woods. Reactions on the Warwick forum were underwhelmed to say the least. Looks like there will be both a teambuilt version with bolt-on neck and a masterbuilt version with neck-through construction, similar to what they did with the 2022 Streamette. 

This is the masterbuilt neck-through:

0295390014BDXXXXWW_04.jpg.3679e24ab9b9d3c567a1c6bfd684a5c9.jpg

0295390014BDXXXXWW_05.jpg.7783d649cac2eb5f2ff851574501fd73.jpg

0295390014BDXXXXWW_09.jpg.4f461a27694310eb1eaaf3b22002992e.jpg

Edited by LeftyJ
  • Like 1

On 25/11/2022 at 07:25, SumOne said:

Perhaps I'm too smutty but I can't understand why everyone doesn't notice that and think it'd be a bit embarrasing to be seen on a stage with. Along with Gus and some of the Spectors. I mean, it might be practicle but it isn't subtle!

....and MM Bongo's look like toilet seats.

Yep, the Corvette's top horn is... priapic. Gone a bit heavy on the blue pills there. :D

But yes, Bongos look like toilet seats. But I bought four of them, so I guess I can't fault Warwick Corvette fans too much... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

They were last year's limited edition, as they do every year, and they were only around as long as the very limited supply lasted.

The 2023 model appears to be a Corvette $$ with an ebony fingerboard instead of wenge, a custom 12th fret inlay and what looks like a Macassar ebony top. Which isn't exactly spectacular, they've done several versions of the Corvette $$ already with various top woods. Reactions on the Warwick forum were underwhelmed to say the least. Looks like there will be both a teambuilt version with bolt-on neck and a masterbuilt version with neck-through construction, similar to what they did with the 2022 Streamette. 

This is the masterbuilt neck-through:

0295390014BDXXXXWW_04.jpg.3679e24ab9b9d3c567a1c6bfd684a5c9.jpg

0295390014BDXXXXWW_05.jpg.7783d649cac2eb5f2ff851574501fd73.jpg

0295390014BDXXXXWW_09.jpg.4f461a27694310eb1eaaf3b22002992e.jpg

It is quite nice looking but I haven't stayed across the ltd runs so maybe it is a bit boring if people have seen it all before. 

Is neck-through new for corvettes? They didn't offer that when I bought mine (early 00's).