Why become a member? ×

Thomann Tease

stewblack

1 minute ago, cetera said:

I keep looking at this and wondering what it is I like so much. I think it's the tort and blocks....

Hmmmm.... maybe I should get some block inlays stickers and a tort guard and put them on my Betsy? 🤔

Good idea!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ralf1e said:

Are they all basses?

Yes. 16 now.

It is a thing of truly extraordinary beauty. If I had bought a bass of this quality, second hand, for double what I paid, I would have felt guilty.

It's not as light as my other HBs but thankfully not as heavy as my other HB Jazz. A comfortable weight. 

But oh my goodness it looks so nice 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, stewblack said:

Yes. 16 now.

It is a thing of truly extraordinary beauty. If I had bought a bass of this quality, second hand, for double what I paid, I would have felt guilty.

It's not as light as my other HBs but thankfully not as heavy as my other HB Jazz. A comfortable weight. 

But oh my goodness it looks so nice 

Let's see it then! The purple finish looks great when I've seen it online and is pretty tempting!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Let's see it then! The purple finish looks great when I've seen it online and is pretty tempting!

We can't afford to light the house so it'll have to wait until morning and the sun.

But if you watch Bass The World's review it's the same 

• Like 1

Mine didn’t arrive today but that’s ok I’ve been out all day anyways. I’m on leave all next week so can be here for it’s arrival. I’m sure it’s gonna be a good bass but I’ve already got plans for some Bart’s and maybe an Audere pro z preamp flying in the face of my normal aversion to an on board preamp… maybe!

11 minutes ago, stewblack said:

It's a weird one. Pick it up and it feels like a bit of a lump. Strap it on (ooer) and it feels fine.

It's all down to balance.

I work with 15mm Soundbloc fair bit of the time,  boards weigh 36 Kg or 40 Kg depending on the length.

No masking the weight when you draw them from the pallet but flip them horizontal, get the balance they're easy to handball about the place.

It's the same with timber.

Length of 4x2 CLS is 11.5Kg, way heavier than any bass yet look at building sites; there's lads wandering back and forth carrying 4 at a time without a care.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

It's all down to balance.

I work with 15mm Soundbloc fair bit of the time,  boards weigh 36 Kg or 40 Kg depending on the length.

No masking the weight when you draw them from the pallet but flip them horizontal, get the balance they're easy to handball about the place.

It's the same with timber.

Length of 4x2 CLS is 11.5Kg, way heavier than any bass yet look at building sites; there's lads wandering back and forth carrying 4 at a time without a care.

You're absolutely right of course. I used to be a steeplejack and carrying lead onto a high roof was simple once it was balanced 

• Like 1