Why become a member? ×

Darkglass Microtubes Infinity

fretmeister

"The Microtubes Infinity shares the footmark of our programmable line, packed with our three legendary Microtubes distortions: B3K, Vintage, and X. Moreover, it allows multiband compression on every mode, blending Impulse responses between distortions while adding extra controls via the Darkglass suite for an endless number of features: An infinity of possibilities."

https://www.darkglass.com/creations/microtubes-infinity/

This seems to be a good concept for the digi line (at last).

Edited by fretmeister
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

...and listen to the fanbois (s)cream...

It's the best bit of any DG launch! :D 

That being said - I actually like the idea of this one. But as it's probably going to be about £550 I won't be having one.

This is a digital product - so they could have stuck the Alpha / Omega stuff in it as well, but that might stop people buying the Photon.

Not in the fan girl camp as I’ve never owned anything Darkglass but this is the best effects unit I’ve ever seen in terms of it would do exactly everything I personally need, nothing more, nothing less. It looks theoretically like it was made for me.

Not sure at that price if “I’ve never owned anything darkglass” is in danger of changing.

Edited by fragility
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, CJPJ said:

I agree. I wonder how much of a compromise it would be to include a decent octave and maybe chorus. I think it would get a lot of people over the line to actually purchasing it.

Silly. That’ll be in the Ultra version… yours for £599!

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sounds really good tbh

and yes the drives are very dg but also with the eq it’s not as set in stone. 

im not using the di or ir but the dual outputs are letting me split my signal and send a clean compressed signal out to front of house but also then send them make use of the drives the midi switching is cool (now that I have a type A midi cable) 

A9E210FE-0E2A-4AB4-83CE-3EADC1F1D106.thumb.jpeg.e9448ff915fcd07b174948da526432b5.jpeg

have to say im pretty happy 

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 16/11/2022 at 22:46, 0175westwood29 said:

Sounds really good tbh

im not using the di or ir but the dual outputs are letting me split my signal and send a clean compressed signal out to front of house but also then send them make use of the drives the midi switching is cool (now that I have a type A midi cable) 

A9E210FE-0E2A-4AB4-83CE-3EADC1F1D106.thumb.jpeg.e9448ff915fcd07b174948da526432b5.jpeg

I have a question about the Infinity. I saw a review that stated the compressor only compressed the low end and not the high end. I know as standard on the DG Microtubes Ultra it only compresses the low end but if you hold down the bypass switch you can engage it to full band compression. Does the Inifinity have options to allow full band or low band, or are there no options?

5 minutes ago, sirmuppet said:

I have a question about the Infinity. I saw a review that stated the compressor only compressed the low end and not the high end. I know as standard on the DG Microtubes Ultra it only compresses the low end but if you hold down the bypass switch you can engage it to full band compression. Does the Inifinity have options to allow full band or low band, or are there no options?

honestly dont know, once i used the infinty in a band setup i just didnt dig it at all

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 0175westwood29 said:

honestly dont know, once i used the infinty in a band setup i just didnt dig it at all

Ah, that's not so good. I had the same issue with the BK7 when I tried it. Loved the videos but when I played it with a band it just sunk the bass into the back. Videos sounded lovely. 

Can I ask, did you replace it with anything else and if so what did you pick? Just curious.

24 minutes ago, sirmuppet said:

Ah, that's not so good. I had the same issue with the BK7 when I tried it. Loved the videos but when I played it with a band it just sunk the bass into the back. Videos sounded lovely. 

Can I ask, did you replace it with anything else and if so what did you pick? Just curious.

i liked it in videos but the DG thing just didnt work for me.

i currently have a blue colander black emperor, and lusithand ground n pound, aswell as my staple bongripper from fuzzrocious

On 16/11/2022 at 22:46, 0175westwood29 said:

Sounds really good tbh

How did you power all that?