Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Bassface 2009

alexclaber

[quote name='BassBalls' post='480586' date='May 6 2009, 12:46 AM']My God i hope you didn't actually have a monitor! :) Im very surprised your even miced up! I also like the choice of cone to mic up on the right! I normally go for the bottom one so it dont get knocked over.[/quote]

That would be my doing and my amp as it happens. That gig was massively rushed and running extremely late. The house engineer only had a tall stand for it and nobody was going anywhere near the amp on stage so it didn't matter. Only ended putting it on during quiet sections in the end as the PA was puny and the amp was crazy loud.

[quote name='joegarcia' post='480607' date='May 6 2009, 02:44 AM']That would be my doing and my amp as it happens. That gig was massively rushed and running extremely late. The house engineer only had a tall stand for it and nobody was going anywhere near the amp on stage so it didn't matter. Only ended putting it on during quiet sections in the end as the PA was puny and the amp was crazy loud.[/quote]

Fair enough then. :) I always hate that rush just before doors open and your still sound checking. Crazy things do happen.

I also think you have this competition in the bag mate. I have only seen drummers with that expression on their face and they are strange people. :rolleyes:

[quote name='BassBalls' post='480675' date='May 6 2009, 09:32 AM']I also think you have this competition in the bag mate. I have only seen drummers with that expression on their face and they are strange people. :)[/quote]

It is impressive but we have many months more of The Faces! Certainly a top contender though...

Alex

[quote name='joegarcia' post='480607' date='May 6 2009, 03:44 AM']That would be my doing and my amp as it happens. That gig was massively rushed and running extremely late. The house engineer only had a tall stand for it and nobody was going anywhere near the amp on stage so it didn't matter. Only ended putting it on during quiet sections in the end as the PA was puny and the amp was crazy loud.[/quote]

We had quiet sections?

[quote name='BassBalls' post='480675' date='May 6 2009, 09:32 AM']Fair enough then. :) I always hate that rush just before doors open and your still sound checking. Crazy things do happen.

I also think you have this competition in the bag mate. I have only seen drummers with that expression on their face and they are strange people. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Our drummer has a hilarious face in this picture:
[attachment=24906:_OJL0380.JPG]

[quote name='Jam' post='481539' date='May 6 2009, 11:01 PM']Our drummer has a hilarious face in this picture:
[attachment=24906:_OJL0380.JPG][/quote]

haha brilliant! :)

Suppose i better enter then.

[attachment=24919:P131108_22.53_01_.JPG]

Sorry for the rubbish quality!

Mrs Barefaced has brought up the important point that a true bassface has to be sustained pout/grimace/grin, not merely a passing snapshot a la Heat's 'look how ugly/fat/chavvy celeb x looks today' photos. Larry Graham is a fine demonstrator:

34 seconds in. Now that is a funkface.

Alex

[quote name='johnnylager' post='483995' date='May 9 2009, 08:25 PM']When are you sending him the cab?[/quote]

Fantastic idea!

Instead of one of those stupid "Congratulations - you've been entered for a rubbish competition and won" letters arriving through Larry Graham's letter box, he could get a massive cab smashing through his front door instead.

[i]People ask me everywhere
How I lost all my hair[/i]... Barefaced cabs - bald cheek!

[quote name='alexclaber' post='482741' date='May 8 2009, 09:59 AM']Mrs Barefaced has brought up the important point that a true bassface has to be sustained pout/grimace/grin, not merely a passing snapshot a la Heat's 'look how ugly/fat/chavvy celeb x looks today' photos. Larry Graham is a fine demonstrator:

34 seconds in. Now that is a funkface.

Alex[/quote]

lol i like it at 38 seconds

Z
x

• 3 weeks later...

My Entry?

Lost in the moment, sucking my lip hoping my slide up the neck actually lands on E. The only ironic thing about this photo other than my white glasses is the fact me and the guitarist are facing our drummer and not the crowd and neither of us realised! doh! completely lost.

In this pic, I had worn out my facial muscles gurning to the camera while the flash took an age to charge. By the time the pic was taken I was all gurned out and just look tired and about to be sick (and not in the good modern usage)

[attachment=26831:Gurn.JPG]

gig last night:

Whilst remembering the next note the ceiling became very interesting:

[attachment=26918:DSCF1454.JPG]

Then I was possessed by satan (but don't look to excited by it):

[attachment=26920:DSCF1458.JPG]

And then my true contender for Bassface of the year:

[attachment=26921:DSCF1464.JPG]

Edited by d-basser