Why become a member? ×

....er....say what????

Unfortunately just the way now that things that were cheap things now become expensive just because they were old.

To be fair, the westones were amount the first actually good basic basses, as good as something costing £300 today, but older, so it not like people paying silly money for one of those old firewood instruments, like a kay or equivalent (where silly money is something over a fiver)

• Like 1

Very nice example. Overpriced to the tune of about £1000 though.

I mean - these are excellent instruments & the through-neck Thunder IIs & IIIs have appreciated, but Westones were never regarded as sought-after or pro instruments. This is getting on for double what you'd pay for something like an SB1000.

• Like 2

On 14/08/2022 at 08:34, prowla said:

Haha:

• "Sounds great looks stunning and is already a collector's piece."
  • "I recently had it evaluated  and the guy said he was almost too scared to handle it as it is such a lovely example."

I wonder what the guy that evaluated said?  Perhaps the seller misheard the valuation! 🤔

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/08/2022 at 15:59, Bassassin said:

I mean - these are excellent instruments & the through-neck Thunder IIs & IIIs have appreciated, but Westones were never regarded as sought-after or pro instruments.

Whaddayamean? Henry Thomas used one on Rock School on the telly in the 80's! 🙂

Edited by lowregisterhead

Not me, I had a westone guitar and it was fantastic. I went to get something else from Telecoms in portsmouth and they just had some of the first westones there - they played so well, everyone loved them. They were like the first actual budget guitar that I saw that actually played very well.

I modded it so heavily and I would say it was my first useable guitar, replacing my Kay Pine Strat POS edition.