Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Vintage

wateroftyne

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='476574' date='May 1 2009, 12:18 AM']I just though, are the two 15s in a straight line like a mesa, or staggered like a Hartke?[/quote]

They're in a straight line but offset to smooth the response out front.

Alex

• 1 month later...

Not a Vintage but a vintageised Big One:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=13344&view=findpost&p=522489"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=522489[/url]

The Vintage will be taller and wider with a less tall port. Otherwise should look near identical. I think I might put the badge in the top-left on them though, more easily seen on stage and appropriate for the height.

Alex

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='525268' date='Jun 26 2009, 08:13 PM']Sweeeeet. Although, unless my eyes are deceiving me, you've forgotten to put the all-important speakers in... :)[/quote]

I thought they felt lighter than I expected... Better put some side handles on if they're going to be heavier than this.

Alex

[quote name='alexclaber' post='525280' date='Jun 26 2009, 03:20 PM']I thought they felt lighter than I expected... Better put some side handles on if they're going to be heavier than this.

Alex[/quote]

A suggestion for portability. Years ago I had a great Acoustic 215 cab somewhat similar to this config. Had castors on one side and a handle on the other. Just pack up the amp, throw the cab on it's side (castors) and load it up like a dolly if you want. Good height to hear it well etc... etc...

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='525358' date='Jun 26 2009, 09:26 PM']Let me guess... black = doom? :)[/quote]

Mysteriously stained = Doom.

Actually, I am trying to figure some white binding on black to match my other stuff to an extent, but I might have a Matamp, which will make horrible loud colours the order of the day.