Why become a member? ×

My jazz hunt is finally over...

OutToPlayJazz

The one bass I really regret selling is my Fender S1 Jazz. I sold it on about a year ago to fund one of my Status basses, but was sorry as it was the only jazz bass I'd ever been happy with.

Now after trying almost all of the 'super-jazz' basses, I've come back full circle and bought an '09 American Standard Jazz in the new reddish 3TS with maple board. I saw it in Electro on Saturday & was pushed for time, so ended up not trying it, but dropped in today to trade some other gear & after playing it through my Sadowsky preamp/di pedal, it was clearly the nicest sounding jazz I've heard in a long time.

The through-body stringing definitely makes a difference, thickening the rich tone & the glossed fingerboard is just nice (and won't go grimy & green!)

Pics to follow tomorrow when there's some daylight :)

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

Hey Golchen, I was reading your thread!

Yes, I was looking at Sadowskys for a long time & never found one I was completely happy with. Really happy with this Jazz, though. Just waiting for some DR Fatbeam strings in the post & we're there :)

I think this is my 7th or 8th jazz bass & definitely the best - Every bass player should have a jazz of some shape or description in their setup.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='463106' date='Apr 15 2009, 04:00 PM']Hey BBC - It worked really well on the jazz. I suppose if they were deleting it from the Precision (where it was pretty useless) they had to do it for both. I'd imagine they're made on the same, if not parallel production lines or something like that.[/quote]

Yeah, didn't see the point of it on a P! Crazy.

I find that without the S1 "on", my Jazz is just another bass (albeit one that plays really well and fits me nicely). With it switch on, its something else.

Haven't got round to trying the 08/09 Jazz yet though.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='463297' date='Apr 15 2009, 06:48 PM']That'll be left over stock from last year, probably. I paid £840 for a sunburst Am.Std. Precision last June. The newer stuff will be significantly higher, I'd imagine.[/quote]

Rich, you're going to have to build an extension for all these 'extra' basses soon :)

How's the OLP? Give me first dibs when/if you get bored with it - I'm missing my SR5 (tho the Stremline helps make up for the loss) :rolleyes: