Why become a member? ×

Industrial Radio MIDIbass PJ saga

Quatschmacher

13 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

I glad you got your money back. In 3.5 years you could have done John Shakers bass building course and worked out the midi bits on how to build it yourself! :o

Haha, I actually ordered my Shuker two years after the MIDIbass and the Shuker was still finished before the MIDIbass. 

There’s also the ROR Expressive MIDIbass in Ireland.

As said though, I think I’ll probably stick to keys now as I’ve put in lots of serious practice on them since ordering the bass. 

If you want to be a bit reassured about delays, I waited my Leduc U-Contrebasse 6 EUB (called Moaï ) for 7 years and my Leduc U-Basse 6 fretless is going to delivered in a few weeks after more than 5 years of waiting.

But Christophe is a friend and you know how it works with delays and friends...

That said I always had news about the building progress ... when there was some.

12 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

If you want to be a bit reassured about delays, I waited my Leduc U-Contrebasse 6 EUB (called Moaï ) for 7 years and my Leduc U-Basse 6 fretless is going to delivered in a few weeks after more than 5 years of waiting.

But Christophe is a friend and you know how it works with delays and friends...

That said I always had news about the building progress ... when there was some.

I don’t mind waiting for an instrument as long as there’s some contact with updates now and then. What was frustrating was not hearing anything for over a year, then being told it’d be ready in a few weeks, then hearing nothing again for months, then being asked to finalise a few details (despite then already having all the info). Every time it felt like they were stalling for time rather than just being upfront. Was like that right up to the end, saying it’d be ready before the refund would be due (of course it wasn’t). There’s only so much a person can take.

My Shuker build took about 14 months (8 months longer than the original stated time) but Jon sent me update pics when requested and I know I can always head down the road to see him in person if needs be. Totally different prospect when it’s a company on the other side of the globe and when there’s just no unprompted communication for many months or sometimes years. 

2 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

I’m just sad that it took so much effort and that I felt compelled to publicly disparage them before getting anywhere - I really dislike having had to do that. 

Agreed it is not nice, but it is not like you didn't have justification for it. Things go wrong sometimes, although seems very wrong in this case, but it is up to the company to try and resolve those difficulties and keep their customers informed. I mean if they told you it was taking 12 months and it went past 18 months, they should have at the very least offered a refund in that time if you werent' happy with the delay But they didn't for whatever the reason. Its one thing to trash someone elses reputation, its something entirely different to trash your own.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

I don’t mind waiting for an instrument as long as there’s some contact with updates now and then. What was frustrating was not hearing anything for over a year, then being told it’d be ready in a few weeks, then hearing nothing again for months, then being asked to finalise a few details (despite then already having all the info). Every time it felt like they were stalling for time rather than just being upfront. Was like that right up to the end, saying it’d be ready before the refund would be due (of course it wasn’t). There’s only so much a person can take.

My Shuker build took about 14 months (8 months longer than the original stated time) but Jon sent me update pics when requested and I know I can always head down the road to see him in person if needs be. Totally different prospect when it’s a company on the other side of the globe and when there’s just no unprompted communication for many months or sometimes years. 

This - it's clear communication that makes the difference. 

• Like 2

Let's face it, for many of us on BC 3.5 years represents a considerable proportion of the remainder of our allotted span. The youth of today may desire instant gratification but it's us old ones who genuinely need it.

• Like 1

Good. prompt communication is essential for all small businesses, especially those with long project times.

I put aside time every day to make sure that I am up to date with all my business communications, so that no-one is hanging on for a reply.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, tauzero said:

Let's face it, for many of us on BC 3.5 years represents a considerable proportion of the remainder of our allotted span. The youth of today may desire instant gratification but it's us old ones who genuinely need it.

Thanks for this. It may be very true and highly accurate but you didn't need to say it 😊

Just off to check the sands in my timer. ⚰️

Edited by rwillett
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Good. prompt communication is essential for all small businesses, especially those with long project times.

I put aside time every day to make sure that I am up to date with all my business communications, so that no-one is hanging on for a reply.

I agree 100%.

I also do the same with HMRC. They are one group of people you never want to be on the wrong side of. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, tauzero said:

Hadn’t thought of it like that but yes, it really is.

Hilariously I’ve just noticed I’ve been blocked from the Industrial Radio user group on Facebook. I simply followed up my earlier post about being frustrated at not getting any communication and said that I’d now been issued a refund and that I hoped anyone else waiting got their instrument soon. Don’t see why that is so controversial. Seems they are trying to stop anyone reading bad press. Wonder if they are also trying to ensure that no one else tries to cancel their order. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I hope no one else gets stung. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

8 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Hilariously I’ve just noticed I’ve been blocked from the Industrial Radio user group on Facebook. I simply followed up my earlier post about being frustrated at not getting any communication and said that I’d now been issued a refund and that I hoped anyone else waiting got their instrument soon. Don’t see why that is so controversial. Seems they are trying to stop anyone reading bad press. Wonder if they are also trying to ensure that no one else tries to cancel their order. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I hope no one else gets stung. 

Your post might possibly put off others loaning them money for 3 1/2 years at 0% interest.

They strike me as a bunch of shysters, given what you've shared in this thread. I'm really chuffed you got your dosh back. Hopefully this thread will serve as an education for other prospective creditors, sorry....customers.

Edited by ahpook
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

Hilariously I’ve just noticed I’ve been blocked from the Industrial Radio user group on Facebook. I simply followed up my earlier post about being frustrated at not getting any communication and said that I’d now been issued a refund and that I hoped anyone else waiting got their instrument soon.

People notice posts getting removed, plus if you do a google, basschat threads appears quite high in the listings for it, so people can find out.

Then of course, there are various trustpilot sort of sites...

• Like 1