Why become a member? ×

Industrial Radio MIDIbass PJ saga

Quatschmacher

8 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Original build time was quoted as 12 months. 

That is crazy - they are 24 months late on a 12 month build. I think you are quite within your rights to say that if it isn't delivered in <some small amount of time> that you will be seeking a full refund as they haven't kept up their side of the bargain, and I can't see how any of those exuses justify it. Frankly, if I was a business, I wouldn't be passing on those sort of details anyway - seems a 'dog ate my homework' exuse!

• 7 months later...

How did you pay? Have you got an ability to speak to your bank? At this stage you could easily consider this fraud. Perhaps take to their social media channels too, at first to remind them you're awaiting a response, and then perhaps to warn others of the theft you've experienced - I say theft because at this stage that's basically what it is - they've taken you're money, not provided any service and are refusing to return it. 

I hope you get some success put of this...

24 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

How did you pay? Have you got an ability to speak to your bank? At this stage you could easily consider this fraud. Perhaps take to their social media channels too, at first to remind them you're awaiting a response, and then perhaps to warn others of the theft you've experienced - I say theft because at this stage that's basically what it is - they've taken you're money, not provided any service and are refusing to return it. 

Had a quick reply but with more obfuscation:

IMG_8696.thumb.png.682ce8409b3c9d3e65850c66947866f3.png

This is one of many delay explanations. I’ve told him I still want a refund. 

27 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

I have already made a couple of posts voicing my concerns on their Facebook user group and others are experiencing similar. Sadly I paid via bank transfer so am not overly hopeful of getting funds back. 

Some businesses are rubbish at comms to the massive detriment of themselves, I can't imagine why they can't be upfront and explain this (assuming it's legit). I run a 3d printing business as a sideline and I sweat over taking eight hours to respond to new business and queries.

My thoughts are that if they are saying 14 days, then given how long you have waited it's a small extension and actually makes no difference in terms of getting your money back (if you can).

I'd write back and say that unless you have a posted and tracked delivery date by fourteen days from now, you'll want a full refund.

Just my 2p

Rob

44 minutes ago, rwillett said:

Some businesses are rubbish at comms to the massive detriment of themselves, I can't imagine why they can't be upfront and explain this (assuming it's legit). I run a 3d printing business as a sideline and I sweat over taking eight hours to respond to new business and queries.

My thoughts are that if they are saying 14 days, then given how long you have waited it's a small extension and actually makes no difference in terms of getting your money back (if you can).

I'd write back and say that unless you have a posted and tracked delivery date by fourteen days from now, you'll want a full refund.

Just my 2p

Rob

I just want a refund as it’s not the first such email I’ve had saying it will be ready in 14 days and then six months of radio silence; I can no longer believe what I’m being told. I’ve been very patient but enough is enough. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Had a quick reply but with more obfuscation:

This is one of many delay explanations. I’ve told him I still want a refund. 

Personaly I would reply, ok, start my refund and it is ready and boxed to be shipped to me before the 14 days you require for the refund, you can cancel the refund. So happy to see either the shipping confirmation or the refund on the 24th July.

But can understand if you are so sick of it that you want it back now.

10 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Personaly I would reply, ok, start my refund and it is ready and boxed to be shipped to me before the 14 days you require for the refund, you can cancel the refund. So happy to see either the shipping confirmation or the refund on the 24th July.

But can understand if you are so sick of it that you want it back now.

I think the 14 days thing is just a smokescreen to give himself time to actually do the the work. A refund takes minutes to process. I’m just really fed up now. Also not confident of getting any kind of support should it later develop a problem. (In the 3.5 years I’ve been waiting, I’ve done so much keys practice that I don’t really need the bass now anyway, but that’s by the by.)

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

I think the 14 days thing is just a smokescreen to give himself time to actually do the the work.

Oh absolutely - it takes the time to go to your bank / money account and select the refund button, but if they have some policy saying it takes 14 days tht you agree to when you sign up, maybe it would focus their minds that they have the choice of fulfilling the job or refunding you.

Might be worth their while. If I type in 'Industrial Radio MIDIbass' in google, the first hit is Industrial radio, with the details of the product, the second hit is this thread.

• Like 1

If it were me, I'd be on to some NSW lawyers getting them to do a letter before action for me giving him 14 days to either confirm the (adequately insured etc) shipping details or a refund. 

Whilst I'm not familiar with the specifics of NSW procedure, I'd bet it's fairly close to our own with a comparable small claims process that wouldn't cost you a fortune to do. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m calling bullshít on this farce now. Obviously the deadline has been and gone with no word. I’m fully expecting some bóllocks excuse like someone’s died or some crap now, if anything at all.

Nobody else should send any money to this company, it’s a joke and most likely now a scam. (Obviously willing to be proved wrong.)

IMG_8739.thumb.png.d9329fcde145b33a90231f28b2ca1716.png

• Quatschmacher changed the title to Industrial Radio MIDIbass PJ - SCAM!
17 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

What awful treatment they have given you. Its a shame, it is a company that i would be interested in the output off, but I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole now, and I am guessing that most people wouldn't.

Indeed. I was so enthusiastic about this bass and what it can do after trying one. Now I just feel really angry and disappointed. I’d advise everyone to steer well clear.

33 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

I would say best to wait for second hand, but then if they can't deliver anything, I guess there can't be any second hand ones!

I’ve already passed on a used one twice in the mistaken belief that mine was due to be finished.

Think I’ll just stick to keys now anyway - I’ve had enough time to get good at them while enduring this whole saga. 

There's a few builders over the years that have seemingly great products but seem to fall completely over when it comes to customer service and delivering on promises, or even just communicating regularly! 

A few of us here fell foul of a builder, Letts not name names, and it all got very bitter. Luckily after sending a letter before action most of us got made whole. 

I sincerely hope you do get your money back!

• Thanks 1

• Quatschmacher changed the title to Industrial Radio MIDIbass PJ saga

Got a refund!

Unfortunately despite my request for them to cover the fees, I lost $75 in fees and about £100 more in exchange rate difference between when I paid and when I got my refund. I’ll take it though just to be done with it. Thankfully that ordeal is over.

If all is really as described, some lucky dog can score a really nice midibass without having to wait 3.5 years. If anyone here goes for it, I’d be grateful if I could at least have a play on it. 😆

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 9

14 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

FInally one of their posts was the truth!

I’m just sad that it took so much effort and that I felt compelled to publicly disparage them before getting anywhere - I really dislike having had to do that. 

Edited by Quatschmacher