Why become a member? ×

Now sold. Please remove. Fender PJ Limited Edition Seafoam Pearl Metallic
£625
Brighton

WishICouldWalk

I've thought about this a lot and I've decided to let go of this fantastic bass.

Excellent build quality, this will change your mind about anything bad you've heard about Mexican Fender basses.

Best neck ever - super slim, action low and buzz free.

Really nice sounding pickups. Not at all harsh even when wide open.

Nice and light (8.5-9lbs by bathroom scales - ok, not super accurate but this def feels sub 9lb).

Short run bass so quite unusual and a really nice colour.

I'm a bit of a tort fanatic so I had a tort plate on it which I'll supply.

Prefer local pickup in Brighton but I could box it up and send within UK.

The only issue is a minor nick in the binding/lacquer between 2 and 3rd fret which I've tried to show in the pics.

I'm selling because I don't like to take it on a gig for fear of putting another nick in it somewhere!

IMG20211222141910.jpg

IMG20211222141923.jpg

IMG20211222141934.jpg

IMG20211222142009.jpg

IMG20211222142016.jpg

IMG20211222142046.jpg

IMG20211222142103.jpg

IMG20211222142112.jpg

IMG20211222142134.jpg

IMG20211223135716.jpg

IMG20211224102638.jpg

Edited by WishICouldWalk
Sold
  • Like 17

As soon as I saw one of these the first time, I instantly liked the look of it.
Had a play of one briefly, at a local BC meet, and it was a nice player too.
Wish I could justify owning one, but sadly I can't. Having reduced my collection - I've sold a few, and still bought one or two more.... will I ever learn? lol

Anyhow, if I was looking for a P bass right now, I'd be sorely tempted
GLWTS

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marc S said:

As soon as I saw one of these the first time, I instantly liked the look of it.
Had a play of one briefly, at a local BC meet, and it was a nice player too.
Wish I could justify owning one, but sadly I can't. Having reduced my collection - I've sold a few, and still bought one or two more.... will I ever learn? lol

Anyhow, if I was looking for a P bass right now, I'd be sorely tempted
GLWTS

GAS is a pain 😀

For those who have enquired about shipping, I have a box that some of my own GAS arrived in a little while back (see last pic) so nobody needs to worry about it being damaged in transit (unless there's some sort of complete disaster for which insurance should cover). PM me to discuss courier etc. It's been a while since I sent anything this sort of size so I'm not really sure the best company to use.

I always use UPS to ship basses through Interparcel

I also had one of these and was unlucky enough for it to develop a faulty preamp so I changed it all over to EMGs with the 3 band EQ that barely all fit inside the cavity. 2 9v batteries could be made to fit in the battery compartment by fitting them sideways

Edited by Delberthot
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Delberthot said:

I always use UPS to ship basses through Interparcel

I also had one of these and was unlucky enough for it to develop a faulty preamp so I changed it all over to EMGs with the 3 band EQ that barely all fit inside the cavity. 2 9v batteries could be made to fit in the battery compartment by fitting them sideways

Mine's the passive version so there's no need to worry about that on this bass. I actually prefer passive basses which is why I went for this model (that and the block/bound neck and super cool colour 😀).

3 minutes ago, Delberthot said:

I love the sound of passive precisions when played by others but I can never get a good sound out of them myself

I bet if you stood further away from your amp, you would find the sound is more pleasing than you think.

• WishICouldWalk changed the title to Now sold. Please remove. Fender PJ Limited Edition Seafoam Pearl Metallic
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic