Why become a member? ×

New Markbass Modular cab system…

fretmeister

The revolutionary AMS CABINET SERIES (ADVANCED MODULAR CABINET SYSTEM) is another impressive display of engineering prowess from Markbass; created in a moment where value for money is more and more of increasing importance as in the current financial climate, the modular design of these cabinets allows you to customize your rig and to tailor your cabinet/s setup to suit your need and your budget. The AMS offers high build quality and super excellent bass sounds in a practical and portable package, starting from a single 10" speaker you can configure a 2x10", 4x10" (thanks to the optional AMS Modular Custom Cable) or 8x10" as well as for the 12" speakers. The benefits of such a system are clear: a modular cab system gives a player the flexibility to choose a small setup without investing in a big cabinet, but with option to add more speakers creating your personal setup, depending upon your application. The intelligence in design coupled with the portability, flexibility, and value for the money. 

key points

> MODULAR DESIGN 
AMS modular design allows you to determining both your cabinet/s setup and its price, upon your needs, preferences and budget. 

> HIGH BUILD QUALITY AND SUPER  BASS SOUNDS
As always, Markbass cabinets are build of the highest quality and they efficiently reproduces a wide range of frequencies, delivering super bass sounds. 

> NEW SUPER TWEETER - CONCENTRIC DESIGN  
The new super tweeter featured in the H version of AMS cabinets is in concentric position with the speaker, it gives sweet and round highs with incredible definition and hi-fi clear tone. A very cool design solution that not only sounds and looks great but also allows to have smaller cabinets to stack, we also offer version without tweeter so you can build your balanced setup.

So instead of me buying a 2 X 10 cabinet I need to buy 2 1 X 10 cabinets?  Where's the advantage unless the 1 X 10's are less than half the price of a 2X10?

• Like 2

Well having a quick look there seems to be nothing remarkable about these cabs, looking at the range of MB offer I'm guessing these are going to be their base range speakers in terms of price. There's a couple of mentions of value for money and suchlike amongst the hype. The modular aspect is just a reaction to us downsizing and going for rigs that are just acting as on-stage monitors. You only have to go through the pages here to see that the increasingly normal rig is a 12" cab with a second for 2 'bigger' gigs or when PA support isn't good enough. A few of us are going down to 1x10's with a second held in reserve and there have been plenty o quite long threads asking about 2x12's or two 1x12's. Most of the advice seems to be along the lines of get one of these then add a second identical cab if you need it.  MB are just reacting to a market BC is helping to create. Even our own BassChat self build designs are sometimes being built as one cab with a tweeter and one underneath without and people are combining Barefaced cabs (other brands are available) in a one with one without combination.

Markbass seem to have a marketing model based upon lots of choice of similar products with small differences, look at the variations of the MBII/III 300/500 amp that are available. The 1x10 200W cab in a 30litre box is completely unremarkable, we've just published our own version of a 200W 1x10 with or without a tweeter a few months back.

In the end it will depend upon what it sounds like and what it sells for. @MoJoKe may have more information.

My only beef is the 4x10 picture, if you do buy them a vertical stack with the tweeter at ear level please :) That arrangement looks so wrong!

• Like 3

I want to buy 10 so I can make a Christmas tree stack and place the one with the tweeter on top to act as the star on top of the tree. 

X

X  X
                  X  X  X
                X  X  X  X

My wife will  love it, as it will mean that the new Christmas tree can be used throughout the year as opposed to our present plastic one which is stored in the attic for 11 months of the year. 

• Haha 5

On 09/11/2021 at 23:04, Sibob said:

I’m more interested in the Little Mark Vintage Amp 1000 (the power amp only one), but can’t find any info on it other than on the MB site, no dealers or anything.

Si

It does look interesting.  I'm guessing the 'Vintage' name is just so people pair it up with their pre amp.  I would imagine its just a Class D 1000 watt head, no valves.

The global supply chain and shipping issues are taking their toll; most of the bigger sellers in the UK are really short of stock.

Edited by BillyBass

1 hour ago, BillyBass said:

It does look interesting.  I'm guessing the 'Vintage' name is just so people pair it up with their pre amp.  I would imagine its just a Class D 1000 amp head, no valves.

The global supply chain and shipping issues are taking their toll; most of the bigger sellers in the UK are really short of stock.

Yeah I’m not fussed about the ‘vintage’ element, but could be good for paring with my Noble.

I had a GR Amp that was a similar setup, but the fan was pretty bloody loud.

Si