Why become a member? ×

Rotosound Bass Strings

Hobbayne

1 hour ago, Supernaut said:

Rotobass are Roto nickels without the silk. Exact same string. The owner of the company told me this. 

And elsewhere:

You're right, Rotobass and Roto 66 nickels are NOT the same (and I got this info directly from Rotosound). They told me the Roto 66 nickels use differently spec'ed wire for the wrapping (but other than that they didn't give any details).

I suspect several of the comments in this thread about Roto nickels being dull, muffled and indistinguishable from other cheap NPS strings must be about the cheaper Rotobass sets.....

After a couple of weeks the Rotobass set will be muffled/dead and the Roto 66 nickels will still sound reasonably fresh.

The Roto 66 nickels are VERY different to Rotobass and MUCH better quality IMO. They have more uniquely voiced mids, somewhat more aggressive. edgy and metallic sounding than the Rotobass sets (or D'Addario, etc). The Roto 66 nickels also last considerably longer.

Whether you like them or not will depend on personal taste of course but to sum it up:

-Rotosound Rotobass: Very middle of the road "cheap" NPS sound, don't last very long, comparable to D'Addario XLs.

-Rotosound 66 nickels: Very much on the aggressive/edgy/metallic sounding side of the spectrum for NPS and last considerably longer. Kinda rough sound/feel for NPS. Very unique sounding, nothing else out there like them.

And so on 🙃

9 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

Coordinating with your body colour ?

That being the case, one wonders which part of the anatomy the blue silks on Hofner flats are supposed to coordinate with? Varicose veins? Haemorrhoids? The wee fellers helmet?

Or could you possibly mean the bass body?

Edited by Bassfinger
Amusi g speeling wrorrs

2 hours ago, Bassfinger said:

That being the case, one wonders which part of the anatomy the blue silks on Hofner flats are supposed to coordinate with? Varicose veins? Haemorrhoids? The wee fellers helmet?

Or could you possibly mean the bass body?

Yes - exactamundo